The Greatest Steve Trevor Moments

I’ve done trivia on stuff I hate before, I don’t mind doing trivia on a guy I don’t care about

9 Likes

I’m so conflicted – I like Steve well enough, but the slander you’re throwing out is hilarious…

8 Likes

I think @HubCityQuestion once got snubbed for an autograph by Lyle Waggoner and he’s been on a vendetta ever since.

10 Likes

I actually do have a little bit of a Lyle Waggoner beef, but it’s a long story

11 Likes

“I am…above average”

8 Likes

Honestly, the best in my opinion Steve Trevor has ever been is the Chris Pine version. So I believe every writer should just write him as Chris Pine.

12 Likes

The mark of a great character is when the actor you get to play him overwrites all of that character’s traits

8 Likes

I think Steve is fascinating because he’s supposed to be a very skilled and brave human, who in any other setting would be the awesome hero. He’s been a war hero, spy, agent, pilot - he’s an action hero onto himself. It’s only in the world of superheroes and mythological demigods that he’s considered “boring” or lacking great moments.

I can post pics/screencaps of him doing heroic things, but that doesn’t really seem to be the point of this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, for those interested, there actually is a Steve Trevor trade that collects stories across various eras. https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-Steve-Trevor-Various/dp/1779501986

10 Likes

The Chris Pine version is awesome, and I love him (definitely my favorite). However, I also liked Steve in the WW Bloodlines animated film.

10 Likes

You mean like Christopher Reeve’s Superman? :thinking::grin:

10 Likes

Christopher Reeve was playing a character, and playing him well. Chris Pine was being Chris Pine.

7 Likes

Oh snap!

4 Likes

:blue_heart:

Steve Trevor’s greatest moments? All of them.

11 Likes

Thanks to @MatthewHecht and @Reaganfan78 for the tags.

I am flattered with the implication that I am necessary. :laughing:

Agreed. I can forgive shade if it makes me laugh.

It takes the perspective of a goddess to make this point, @c02goddess.16092!

I think the reason Steve Trevor is not popular nowadays is that he has never been portrayed in a manner consistent with his origin. This is coupled with the fact that he is a man playing love-interest and sidekick to the strongest and toughest woman on the planet, which is an inversion of the normal trope and is apparently difficult to write so modern writers have a tough time with it. Perez refused to deal with it at all and although I love his run his Steve is pretty much the worst one ever.

My favorite Steve is Golden Age, and the fact that he was so good at being a male sidekick to a female character back in the 1940’s is what really stretches your mind, especially with him being, as @c02goddess.16092 said, an actual war hero.

But enough being serious on a fun thread. Here are some of Golden Age Steve Trevor’s greatest moments:

When he totally disses Diana Prince on a date:

When he tries to flirt with Wonder Woman and she totally Gatekeep Gaslight Girlboss’es him:

When he shows a sense of restraint with his gun if not his insults:

When he doesn’t take advantage of a situation:

When maybe he isn’t all that great with military secrets:

When he could be a little more supportive:

When did he actually catch a disease or…:

When he cracks under pressure (can’t help but notice he never cracked when a man was interrogating him…):

(Whoah that accent is so sexy. Don’t you ah-greeee?)

When he must work out:

When yes, he does, and keep in mind this is pre-steroid times:

When in the future, he isn’t just fashionable- he is fashion -and- banter incarnate:

When he can take down a trained gladiator with nothing but a right hook:

When oh he is in trouble now:

When he is fooled by a master criminal:

When the bartender should have cut him off:

And to finish, my absolute favorite Steve Trevor moment and quote. This is what Golden Age Steve Trevor is all about:

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

14 Likes

How did I never see this? :laughing:

IMG_5625

7 Likes

Seems like Classic Wonder Woman comics did a lot of memes first :grin:

6 Likes

After seeing Barbie, I’ve realized that Steve is really just a Ken

7 Likes

A Ken that knows how to FLY A PLANE! :grin:

5 Likes

Okay but why is this so astute …