The Future of the DCEU (2022)

@moro

I know, $40 bucks is a lot. Geez.

I guess if you work in the industry that’s justifiable. But as just a fan… nah, not to me, at least.

And briefly on the Matt Reeves news:

He said that Warner Bros. had talked about Catwoman as a potential series, or mini or whatever. So that may still be on the table.

And the Arkham show is still maybe happening…

“Pam and I gratefully inherited the relationship with Matt from The Batman, and through the beginning stages of planning The Penguin series for HBO Max,” De Luca told Deadline. “We were excited to nail down his overall deal because it’s a cornerstone of what we want to do with the filmmakers that are working at the studio. We want to create an atmosphere where all of these filmmakers can excel and do their work and stay with us once they are inside the Warners family. Keeping Matt and creating a home for him to do more projects in the Batman universe but also originals, was very important to us.”

The 6th & Idaho re-up with Warner Bros. Television Group comes as a production start looms for The Penguin, with Colin Farrell reprising his Oswald Cobblepot role for HBO Max. There is also a Batman Arkham series in discussion. Daniel Pipski continues to run the 6th & Idaho TV business, with longtime executive Rafi Crohn working across both film and TV.

And maybe still the Gotham PD show.

Because they passed on that because Matt Reeves said that Warner Bros. didn’t want a corrupt cop to be the star of the show, and Matt Reeves didn’t want to change it, so they both agreed to do the Arkham thing. And so maybe things have changed on that front.

Anyway, keeping score (because that’s what I do):

David Zaslav has so far greenlit the De Niro Wise Guys mob movie.

Joker: Folie à Deux.

And has given Matt Reeves a first look deal, so at least a couple of more Bat things from him will probably be coming.

EDIT:

Oh, and just like that (which was also in the Deadline article)…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/the-batman-2-mattson-tomlin-to-write-matt-reeves-1235203669/

Screenwriter Mattson Tomlin is once again heeding the call of the Bat-signal.

Tomlin is reteaming with Matt Reeves to co-write The Batman 2, the follow-up to Reeves’ well-received Robert Pattinson-starring take on the Caped Crusader that proved to be a hit with audiences.

Plot details are being kept in the cave. It is not even clear whether it would feature the Joker, Batman’s classic villain teased in a closing moments of Reeves’ movie and portrayed by Barry Keoghan. The news comes as Reeves signs a first-look deal with Warner Bros. Discovery.

Tomlin worked on The Batman, coming in during the development when third act issues arose, although he did not receive screenwriting credit, which Reeves shared with Peter Craig. This time around, Tomlin is coming in on the ground floor.

The Batman, released March 4, took a gritty crime drama approach to the superheroics, grossing $770.8 million worldwide in the process. Reeves’ involvement in a sequel wasn’t guaranteed and a deal took longer to nail down than normal, partially thanks to the acquisition of WarnerMedia by Discovery, which unfolded in the spring.

The writing process hasn’t begun just yet but is expected to in the coming weeks.

Holy, Ba… yeah. :smiling_face:

EDIT (again):

And I really liked Mattson Tomlin’s BATMAN: THE IMPOSTER (it’s one of my top ten favorite comics)…

Just when there was no news… suddenly things changed.

1 Like