The First Person You Would Draft for Justice League

On Twitter, DC Nation asked the question of who you would pick first, not your full JL team.

My first pick would be Black Canary. She has great leadership skills and her mastery of martial arts would come in handy. The downside is that she might not always be the most sociable person in the DC universe.

3 Likes

Plastic Man just cause I realy want him back on the team!

2 Likes

I was really excited to see him in 52 for a very brief moment.

2 Likes

I was liked John Stewart. Great leader and representative of the Green Lantern Corps.

1 Like

I could go by favorite or I could go by most powerful, but really, it’s not the League without the Martian Manhunter. Anybody else is a nice-to-have at best.

10 Likes

Absolutely Martian

4 Likes

Martian Manhunter is the pick, but if he wasn’t available to pick I’d go with Nightwing just to show that this ain’t your father’s Justice League.

3 Likes

Superman!

3 Likes

Ralph Dibny The Elongated Man (with Sue by his side of course!)
Naturally I would immediately retcon out the attack on Sue by Dr. Light! I mean, if they can retcon it in it can be just as easily retconned out…(actually I’d write out a lot of the tragedy in DC. There’s enough tragedy in real life and not every Super Hero has to have a Batman-style origin)

5 Likes

Simon Baz, or John Stewart. Both great lanterns.

2 Likes

Toss up: Superman or Wonder Woman!

2 Likes

Martian Manhunter. Other characters with comparable powers are usually too busy with their own problems. Besides, J’onn helped to found the JLA, served on it during the Detroit years, and saw it become an international team. That’s dedication.

2 Likes

Guy Gardner, so he can sit in the big chair and insult the other new members as they arrive.

Except for Tora, of course.

6 Likes

WonderWoman for sure. Superman can be taken down too easily by Kryptonite.

4 Likes

Supermsn cause Superman… Or batman for resources…

Happy Draft day!

2 Likes

Elongated man

1 Like

Flash, the conscience of the team. We cannot risk going Justice Lords.

5 Likes

Batman; he is ready for anything.

3 Likes

Nightwing. He’s grown a lot and has developed his leadership skills really well over time. He also would be a good encourager. I would just love to see it.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman, no question. Strong leadership skills, fierce in battle, willing to pursue peaceful resolution, access to the UN & diplomatic immunity.

3 Likes