The DC Brand in 2020: What Are You Looking Forward To Most?

Pre-holiday bump.

2020 is almost here and with it many a big to-do in the DC brand!

2020 is the 85th anniversary of DC Comics! How will you commemorate this momentous anniversary?

2020 is the 35th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths! Are you reading the maxi-series and will you catch the conclusion of the CW’s take on this seminal story in January?

2020 sees the 80th anniversaries of The Flash and Green Lantern, while also being the 60th anniversary of the Justice League! How will you ring in these milestone anniversaries?

2020 begins an all new era in DC merchandising, as McFarlane Toys and Spin Master begin their licenses to produce new DC action figures and related merchandise!

2020 marks the return of Wonder Woman’s cinematic adventures in Wonder Woman 1984, along with the debut of Wonder Woman #750!

2020 sees the debut of Bizarro TV and Stargirl on DCU, along with new seasons of Doom Patrol and Titans!

No matter your tastes, 2020 is so far shaping up to be a year with something for everyone!

2020 is just days away, what are you excited for from the DC brand in the new year?

1 Like

Wow didn’t know some of this was happening.
I guess I’m just excited for it all. A lot of nice DC stuff coming and I bets there are probably some surprises coming too

1 Like

Looking forward to Wonder Woman 1984

1 Like

Looking forward to the new Wonder Woman movie, the Birds of Prey Movie (got mixed feelings based on the trailer but am optimistic DC will continue the roll they have been on), season 2 of Doom Patrol and Star-Girl.

Budget keeps me from following new comics too closely sadly, but here is hoping for some good comics to come my way.

1 Like

I’m looking the most forward to the rumoured 5g

1 Like

Excited for 2020:

Books: DCSHG is coming out with at least one book. Those are always winners. Garbowska’s art is always a splash of vivid colors to brighten the DC universe.

TV: Stargirl - Looks to be a hopeful series. I think this will be DCs wholesome show of 2020. I’ll be there.

Movies: I’m hoping for great things from WW84.

Merch: Prime 1 Studio Supergirl

Things I would like to happen in 2020:

Books: A return to a bright and hopeful DC Universe. When rebirth started I was pulling everything. Now I am struggling to find things to pull that doesn’t have darkness, strife and perv clowns in it. DC needs a white label more than it needs a black label. Gather the writers who know how to tell stories without resorting to darkness for effect and do something amazing. DCSHG is doing it right, but there is room for more.

TV: Hoping that the Supergirl show takes the opportunity to explore Kara more. They had Argo, they had the potential to explore Kara’s past in a way that hasn’t been done much before. It was an unmined trove of new Kara lore to be discovered. Don’t squander opportunities like that post-crisis. Also, new suit.

Movies: I’m hoping that we will get some Supergirl movie announcement - it’s been so long I’m starting to fear that it got stuck somewhere.

Merch: My shelves are full until I can afford a bigger apartment. But if you get a colorful positive DC legoset like the DCSHG line on the shelves again, I will make space. I don’t work with black and very very dark grays.

1 Like

Let’s see now…

Comics:
The remainders of Lois Lane, The Question: The Deaths of Vic Sage, The Oracle Code, Shadow of the Batgirl, and the Crimes of Passion anthology in February.

Movies:
Wonder Woman 1984 looks terrific.

TV:
Harley Quinn, and hopefully more news about Young Justice S4 and Bizarro TV.

Misc:
More archival additions to DC Universe!

2 Likes

Looking forward to:

• The continuation of Bendis’ Superman and Action Comics.
  • Seeing how how the current JL titles, Doomsday Clock, Year of the Villain, Leviathan, etc are part of whatever bigger story DC has in stock for next year (5G?)
  • More Black Label books for Clark, Bruce and Diana.
  • Wonder Woman 84
  • Superman & Lois series, if it gets picked up :crossed_fingers:.
  • Sideshow’s Superman and Wonder Woman Sixth Scale figures.
  • McFarlane DC stuffs.
  • News, any news, for DC/WB’s plans for future Superman and Justice League movies.
  • Some kind of hardcover addition to my small DC shelf (maybe the Bendis hardcovers for Superman and Action, maybe the Byrne omni, maybe both).
  • All the new seasons for all the new shows on CW and DCU.
  • At some point, remember to hit Food Max and pick up some DC Ice Cream!
2 Likes

@Pow-Pow Speaking of DCSHG, have you been reading their 100 Page Giant series? The new stories in it are quite fun.

@moro To paraphrase The Mandalorian: DC ice cream is the way. I have spoken.

2 Likes

Yes, I really enjoyed the first giant. I think a second one has or will be released as well. I am trying to get hold of it, but this Walmart stuff is making it harder. My comic store gets them but much later.

1 Like

@Pow-Pow DCSHG Giant #2 is out at Walmart now. I’m a bit behind on my Giant reading, but from flipping through it, it looks like fun. I’m glad the girls are in a book of their own.

Also, Target is clearancing some of the Mattel DCSHG toys now, so if you want Supergirl, Katana, Batgirl and/or Wonder Woman on the cheap, give 'em a look.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to more of @Vroom and @AlexanderKnox posting comments, they are so funny when interacting with each other.
For comics that’s out, I wouldn’t know, so I’m looking forward to more comic in DC Library.
I can’t wait to see Wonder Woman `84 and Superman Red Sun. They look really good!
And I’m looking forward to Stargirl and Bizarro TV! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Year of the villain will come to an epic conclusion of awesomeness (potentially). A new Batman writer sounds exciting. But I refuse to be excited until I know if he will do a better job than Bendis has done with Supes.

2 Likes

@Reaganfan78 If you want a current book that’s a breeze to jump into, check out the current Superman Giant series. The first issue is still available at Walmart, while its direct market edition hits comic stores this Wednesday. It’s fun!

@Behemoth.Ravenlord Given James Tynion IV’s track record with writing Batman in general, I’m sure he’ll hit the ground running and then some when his run on Batman begins on 1/8.

1 Like