The DC brand in 2019: what are you anticipating the most?

For me, a few highlights are:

-Detective Comics #1000
-Detective Comics: 80 Years of Batman
-The continuation and conclusion of Doomsday Clock
-the Shazam movie
-the COIE CW event
-anything and everything from DCU
-in the latest (as of the 18th) episode of DC Daily, Dan DiDio said '19 will be “the year of the villain”; I’m curious as to what that will entail.

That’s it so far for me. What are you most excited for from DC next year?

9 Likes

The Shazam movie.

More great books from Vertigo.

All of the upcoming original series (especially Swamp Thing)

The Wonder Woman sequel (I think that’s still slated for next year).

Whatever fix they come up with for the comics section on this app.

1 Like

Wonder Woman 1984

White Knight Sequel

Batman Hush animated

A final decision on wtf they are doing with their cinematic universe. Are they keeping Affleck and Cavill?

2 Likes

More Awesome Comics…its all i care about. Don’t need big budget movies, i just want comic books with good stories.

2 Likes

Shazam
Ww84
More greats stories.
New original DC Universe content starting with Upung Justice Outsiders!

1 Like

Shazam, Crisis on Infinite Earths

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to Detective Comics #1000. A milestone issue like that doesn’t happen every year.

(Except Action #1000 was this year, and Detective #1000 is coming next year. So they KINDA happen every year, but…well…you get my point.)

3 Likes

DCU animated they got about 26 out of 30 when they made that box set, which is impressive.

Updating classic story lines with some new school animation is a must. This app proves there are great runs of comics like Teen Titans or even the Green Arrow that could use an update in visuals.

DCEU directors allowed to make the movies they want so that the live action movies can prosper as much as the competition.

And this app fleshing out. It has a lot of potential I’m pleased so far and I’m patient. I want to be blown away by the time we celebrate the 1 year anniversary in September.

1 Like

The New Young Justice Comics, with the original 3 who started it. SuperBoy(Conner Kent) Robin(Tim Drake) and Impulse(Bart Allen)

2 Likes

Shazam
YJ
Stargirl
Doom Patrol
Swamp Thing
Hbo Watchmen
Cbs Secret Six
Joker

3 Likes

Doom Patrol
Harley Quinn
Swamp Thing
Shazam

6 Likes

we’ll have to wait awhile for WW84 … our girl Gal Gadot announced last October it will release June 5, 2020 :star2:

CW’s Crisis is definitely on my '19 shortlist

4 Likes

Excited for a lot, but there is one answer that towers above the rest: Swamp Thing.

And of course more community features.

6 Likes

D’oh! I forgot to add the Wonder Comics line to my list. Looking forward to those books, especially Young Justice.

2 Likes

Green Lantern: TAS
Doom Patrol
Shazam
Stargirl
Joker
More Watch along with Applejack
Whatever DC Universe has plan for 2019, I can’t wait for it! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes! I agree Applejack! More community features! I’m tempted to just make a Facebook group where I can chat & get to know my fellow DC Universe Community members.

I am super excited to see how the year of the villain comes into play!

1 Like

Shazam!

Oh hands down that Harley Quinn animated series coming out in October of 2019. I’m pumped for it!

I’m most excited for the death of “Ric” and the return of the real Dick Grayson. So I guess I’m most excited for 2020 :-p