The Darkseid Thread

Probably gave her a Happy Meal too…

and now here he is at a cafe in Sovereign 7

4 Likes

What comic is that from?

2 Likes

Sovereign 7 #1

This was a creator owned comic set in the DCU in 1995 by Chris Claremont and Dwayne Turner. It is not found on DCUI, so you’ll probably have to find the issues in the secondary market.

3 Likes

I love the image of Darkseid wearing a fedora and a trench coat. That’s right overlord of Apokolips, you are now completely unrecognizable. Good espionage skills! :joy:

3 Likes

This is a cute interaction lol

3 Likes

secret calling him doug side is one of my favorite young justice jokes

3 Likes

I hated their friendship.

2 Likes

In Secret’s defense, she clearly has no idea who he is. Plus I think it’s just a funny standalone scene

3 Likes

True, but it was weird of Mr. Side

2 Likes

Just like Doctor Doom over at Marvel, Darkseid does as he pleases

4 Likes

doug side is a villain
you know he has plans otherwise he wouldnt be doing anything

3 Likes

Mister Miracle #11 (2018)

4 Likes

More encounters with Doug Side in the pages of YJ! Things start off similarly goofy but then we have Darkseid talk more about his true intentions. I do like how he presents his position, there is a lot to read into it. Ultimately, Susie/Secret denies him for now. But I feel like there is more to the story in the near future

5 Likes

i have that last panel saved because its just so good

2 Likes

I’m hoooooked. I need to read this omg.

4 Likes

please do
we need more young justice fans (as well as secret and slobo fans)

3 Likes

Well…when he says it like that, it almost sounds comforting

3 Likes

dude is a really good manipulator

2 Likes

In case y’all are wondering, Secret ended up not being able to commit to Darkseid and so he decided to punish her. By revering her condition and made her a living girl again. Now…my brain and every bone in my body says that he did it because he sees being powerless as a punishment, spending a lifetime like that being an agonizing ordeal. But it is weird that there are quotation marks around the word punishment when he says it. Maybe that was a mistake in the writing/editing process, maybe he felt just the TINIEST connection to her, as much of a long shot as that is. Regardless, wasn’t expecting Darkseid to play such a heavy role in Young Justice but I enjoyed him in it

2 Likes

spoiler warning for stargirl and the lost children

related to secret and not darkseid but his “punishment” did last a while but as of the most recent stargirl series the “punishment” ended when she was brought back into existence

2 Likes