The Dark Nights: Death Metal Reaction Thread (***SPOILERS***)

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some kind of transfer of consciousness. Or maybe The Batman Who Laughs Even Harder.

4 Likes

I would have settled for The Batman Who Lightly Chuckles, but your idea has merit too.

3 Likes

Just wait for The Batman Who Says Meh. He defeated his Justice League by being indifferent and judging pop culture.

3 Likes

A particular pebble in one’s shoe is The Batman Who Produces Clickbait. His followers can be found all over the 'net, unfortunately.

3 Likes

100% in to see the Batman Who Says Meh, long as he’s a Neutronian…

4 Likes

I was very impressed by the issue, but I had to go back to figure out that was the chainsaw.

On the month delay between 3 and 4, I wouldn’t worry as Snyder said in the reading order that Trinity crisis or whatever it was called is like a 3.5 on his reading order graph.

3 Likes

I pick up all my books at once on Wednesday.

I haven’t had a chance to read it yet but I went a little crazy at the shop this morning!

4 Likes

I really got into comics in the 90’s so I love the foil covers. I’m still kind of hoping for a collection with an actual metal cover.

3 Likes

I spent the whole first half thinking…“OK where’s Lobo?” and then I was satisfied. This IS a story tailor made for The Main Man!

I try so hard to keep up with everything, but I didn’t read Doomsday Clock and I suspect there is quite a bit of background there that I missed.

Other than that, this was the best tasting T*rd Burger I’ve ever had! I absolutely LOVED that opening sequence with Rock.

The Chainsaw of Truth did not disappoint!

I’ll enjoy this…I already am, but I don’t suspect this will make it onto the list of my favorite stories. But at the end of the day I’m an Art Collector and there will be plenty of AMAZING art to be had here!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Death Metal #2 is out, so what do we think?

I dig the idea of The Batmanhattan Who Laughs. The name is more impactful than The Darkest Knight, but I understand why the latter took precedent.

2 Likes

It was a lot to swallowed and they set up a lot of expectation in the first issue. I really like how are connecting a lot of things in the DC universe, like The flash forward.

4 Likes

There’s all the Heck Arisen stories plus all of the One Shots, and Year of the Villain references in most of the major heroes stories (Aquaman, Nightwing, Batman, Batman/Superman, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, etc…), but the definitive end to this was Scott Snyder’s issue #39 of Justice League. Death Metal picks up from that story line.

Collection of links to reference:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/collections/story-year-ofthe-villain

3 Likes

Was thinking about it this morning- the cliffhanger to issue 1 probably killed any excitement I had for the series. That moment where Wonder Woman eliminates the Batman Who Laughs was a great moment, but a few panels later it’s undone. To the point where nothing that happens means anything, because we’ve already seen how it will all be wiped away.

2 Likes

I was quite excited to finally be rid of that character and Robin King seems like a carbon copy. I like reading this series but I’m not too hyped for it to last another 5 months.
Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another shutdown so my guess is that this finishes by March at the earliest.

3 Likes

Geez folks, we’re only two issues in. Anything can happen still.

To quote Han Solo: “Let’s keep a little optimism, huh?” :wink:

3 Likes

@Vroom That’s my point though- whatever happens, no matter how big it feels, won’t have the same impact since we know it can be swept away so easily.

It’s like when Spider-Man died in Infinity War…blurring this for the 5 people who managed to not see this movie. There were gasps in the theatre, and my fiancé looked at me with a “How can this be?!?” look on her face, but I had a “get the heck out of here” smirk on my face, because I knew it wasn’t going to hold. It was a time whenI actually wished I hadn’t read the comics, so I could feel the shock they were feeling.

That’s what this feels like to me- still fun, but years of watching reboot after reboot after reboot have left these moments feeling weightless, like a punch from an exhausted boxer in round 15 instead of a round 1 knockout.

3 Likes

Spider-Man died in Infinity War?!

gasps, faints

:wink:

3 Likes

I am optimistic that everything is terrible! Life has no meaning!

3 Likes

Today sees the release of the first tie-in to Death Metal:

What are your thoughts on this book? Whether it went to 11 or was just a bunch of noise, shred one out below and bang your head about Dark Nights: Death Metal-Legends of the Dark Knights!

Next Tuesday: Dark Nights: Death Metal #3! Rock ON! :metal:

4 Likes