The Complete Batgirl Appreciation Thread

Found some cool fan art of Cass

6 Likes

While Barbara is by far my favorite, I always wanted to read more about my next favorite Bat-Girl Betty Kane.

A super hero that is also a pro athlete. How do you find time for both? What if you are in a final and the Titans West signal goes off? And does anyone notice that Bat-Girl seems to appear in the same places the WTA is playing that week?

7 Likes

Oh yea…didn’t Betty Kane end up taking on a new codename?

5 Likes

She was Flamebird Post-Crisis.

And yes, the line for liking Dick Grayson a little too much forms behind her.

6 Likes

I do remember the OG Bat-Girl and Batwoman were made to be romantic interests for the Dynamic Duo.

Gotta say, Flamebird is a cool name and she has a cool look.

5 Likes

and Flamebird’s traditional partner? Nightwing!

5 Likes

Has Bette Kane been used much in recent years?

4 Likes

@EDT fully expected to spend a lot of time in this thread talking about Carrie Kelley and Betty Kane.

4 Likes

To be honest, I wasn’t expecting Carrie to be brought up at all

5 Likes

Mostly cameos and guest star appearances. She’s shown up in the Young Justice tv show and comic, Tiny Titans, even the Batwoman tv show.

4 Likes

Would be cool to have her and Babs team up for an adventure

4 Likes

Helena Bertinelli had a cup of coffee as Batgirl during No Man’s Land.

Charlotte Gage-Radcliife, better known as Misfit, also was briefly a Batgirl.

and of course there’s the newest Batgirl, Daphne of the Scooby Doo gang

8 Likes

I always forget how weird the Scooby Doo crossovers can get :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Michelle Carter and Harley Quinn were good Batgirls too imo

5 Likes

My gurrrlll wasn’t very happy about it

Nope.

6 Likes

Is Babs about to throw fists?

2 Likes

I love the Batgirls! I like them a lot more then the Robins tbh, the Batgirls all have unique designs unlike the Robins who besides Carrie Kelly and Stephanie Brown all look the same as Dick,

My favorites are Cassandra Cain and Barbara Gordon, I also like Carrie Kelly and Stephanie Brown but I always think of them as Robin and Spoiler and not Batgirl.

4 Likes

I get what you mean about seeing Steph more as Spoiler. But I still enjoyed her solo Batgirl book pre-Flashpoint and I loved her in the Batgirls book. So in my eyes, she is equally Batgirl.

Don’t get me wrong, the Robins play an important part in the Batman mythos, and Nightwing has proven to be a great solo hero. But I’ve always liked how the Batgirl side of the Gotham mythos had a unique vibe and the personalities of all Batgirls are great. I love how they work and interact with each other and always looking for more Batgirl content.

Batgirls1variant.jpeg

6 Likes

Is it odd that DC comics forgot about this moment?

Actually it’s not that odd as I hear it came from a controversial Batman storyline but regardless. While I call her Cain as a formality, she is for all intended purposes a Wayne.

5 Likes

I think it got forgotten because (1) it wasn’t too long after this moment that Batman “died” due to Final Crisis, so who knows if he actually started or finished thise proceedings. But also (2) Flashpoint/New 52 happened and reset everything.

But your right, this moment is really touching

4 Likes