The Best DC Universe Show?

Hey yall, I am looking for the best stuff to watch on here. Tell me what is your favorites? What is your favorite DCU original? What is your favorite show in general? Thanks! :grin:

(Also if you want feel free to talk about something DC not on here. I am always open to suggestions.)

1 Like

The best original show they have is Doom Patrol. All the originals have been solid so far.

1 Like

Swamp Thing by a mile.

1 Like

Swamp Thing by a mile.

I really liked Swamp Thing too. If they had a full series order and we got the fluronic man Like was intended I too might have preferred Swamp Thing.

1 Like

Swamp Thing

Doom Patrol Expect the unexcpected. Very good acting. Very humane characters. I felt for them

I have limited vision and so couldn’t observe what was going on the many night scenes in Swamp Thing. I understand that the night is spooky but the suit looked great in the day and they spent millions building the swamp and underwater tank sets. I guess they were saving money in special effects. Also not much Swamp Thing.

DCU original: Shazam doco, YJ S3, Titans and Doom Patrol are pretty much a tie. I thought Swamp Thing was weak. Some good acting and practical effects, so it’s technically interesting but as a general show, I found it “meh”.

Best series on the platform: The Batman, followed closely by Batman: the Brave and the Bold. BTAS gets all the love, but, I think that’s because it resonates with so many people as being the Batman of their youth. The other two hold up better.

JL Unlimited is the best if the DCAU series. It has so many characters, it’s a great way to get an overview of the DC universe.

1 Like

Young Justice!

1 Like

Doom Patrol is not only the best DCU show, but the best superhero show/movie to come out since The Dark Knight.

Titans season 2 looks like it will give Doom Patrol a run for its money. I really liked season 1. I was disappointed with the finale but they are tacking that on to this season.

1 Like

Doom Patrol is absolutely the best DC Universe Original Series so far. It’s one of the best TV shows I’ve seen in a very long time.

Titans and Swamp Thing are both very good though. Swamp Thing has better writing than Titans but I found Titans to be more visually interesting. After watching Swamp Thing for about 5 episodes, you get really sick and tired of every scene having a gray filter over it.

1 Like

Titans

1 Like

New Stuff: Young Justice (though Doom Patrol is a close second)

Old Stuff: Young Justice (with Batman: The Animated Series coming in second)

1 Like

Doom Patrol is the best of the DCU originals in my opinion, by far. BUT the other shows (Swamp Thing and Titans) are also great to watch.

As far as the other live action shows on here not DCU originals. Krypton is probably the best pick. Beyond that would recommend, Wonder Woman, Lois and Clark and Constantine. The others are all good IMHO, but those are the three that held up the best.

For the animated series, full disclosure I am not as much of an animated guy. But of the ones I have seen Batman The Animated Series you can’t go wrong with, Superman the Animated series is also excellent. And the Fleischer Superman shorts are also a fun watch even after all these years. Batman Beyond… also a good watch.

As far as the movies currently on here (given they rotate read this list later and something new might be on and something currently on gone). But my picks from the ones I have seen… Superman I and II , Justice League vs The Fatal Five, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Green Lantern: First Flight, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter.

As far as elsewhere… sure you know this one but if you got Netflix the Arrowverse shows are all good, special recommendations to Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash. Also on Netflix… iZombie is good.

And on TubiTV for free you can see Powerless… which is a hilarious show that I highly recommend.

Also if you want some 80’s cheese the original Swamp Thing film is on YouTube 100% legal and free to watch.

1 Like

Titans

DCU Original Series: Doom Patrol

DC live-action tv series currently on DCU: Lois & Clark, Constantine, Krypton

1)Titans
2)Swamp Thing
In my opinion Doom Patrol was by far the worse of the 3 live action shows.

1)Titans
2)Swamp Thing
In my opinion Doom Patrol was by far the worse of the 3 live action shows.

Doom Patrol