The Beautiful Fury of Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons

I thought I knew everything there was to know about the Amazons of Themyscira—they were women slain by violent men in their first lives and reborn as magnificent fighters by the will of goddesses. But that’s just the beginning of the story.

Want to know the rest, like I did? That’s where the celebrated creative team of Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez come in with DC Black Label’s Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons #1 . (If you’ve experienced their incredible work before, you know you can stop reading right now and just pick up the book immediately.) To be clear, this isn’t a story of sunshine and carefree days on Paradise Island. This is a stunning retelling of the Amazons’ origins for the ages.

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons is a three-book DC Black Label series that shows us the first days of the Amazons like nothing before it. Spanning thousands of years, the book begins with the righteous rage of the goddesses and the passion of its pages never lets up from there.

To learn more about Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons, head over to DC Comics!

Have you checked out Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons #1 yet? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

11 Likes

Oooh this sounds amazing! (Pun intended). I love the art too. I’m absolutely picking this up!

5 Likes

When you do, come share your thoughts if you want! :blush:

7 Likes

Happy to hear it! I also happen to think the art is absolutely mesmerizing… and that headpiece looks :heart_eyes: :fire:

2 Likes

I read it and I LOVED it! I’m so glad to be around right now as it’s coming out so I can experience it as it’s publishing. The art is gorgeous, the story is complex and so fresh. I can’t wait to see where it goes, but I’m sad it’s only 3 issues long! This definitely feels like a turning point in Wonder Woman comics.

2 Likes