The Batman, will it have elements from Year One?

I’m curious if it’s been said wheather The Batman film will be inspired by the Year One comic or an all new original story.

Joel Schumacher originally wanted to adapt Year One, Darren Aronofsky was going to use Year One as a template but do his own version for some major changes and I think I remember reading Christopher Nolan being inspired by Year One for Batman Begins.

The Batman is going to be about a younger Bruce/Batman early in his career and so I wonder if Matt Reeves is inspired by Year One or Year Two

1 Like

I heard that Matt Reeves wants to do a noir like film for Bats. The film will focus on the detective side of Batman which has been lacking in recent years in my opinion. I also heard it will be a mix of Batman Year One and Long Halloween.

1 Like

Ah that’s cool and yes the detective side being a focus is about damn time

3 Likes

I’d like to see the detective element too. He used it in Batman, Batman Forever and The Dark Knight (and a little in BvS) so it’d be neat to see again.

Funny how Matt Reeves is the latest “Reeves” in the DC family. George Reeves, Christopher Reeve (close enough) and Matt.

1 Like

Hopefully we get a ton of official info sometime this new year

He said that he is wrapping up the script and most likely will got into production summer of next year

Oops I meant summer of 2019. I thought we were still in 2018 lol

Honestly I hope not because it was already done well enough in Batman Begins.

It can still be done as good or even better

1 Like

Just wondering who the younger Batman might be? I have no clue.

I hope Batman is someone new. Or at least unexpected. Christian Bale was unexpected and killed it.

2 Likes

In a good way…lol

1 Like

Not a fan of these Year One rumors. Batman’s origin has been done to death. I’d rather see the Batman vs Deathstroke movie that Ben Affleck was writing.

2 Likes

Ben Affleck is my Batman. They do not need another origin story. They don’t need to go with a younger Batman. What we have now is perfect.

1 Like

We are way past year one with Batman. He needs to hit the ground running. Friends, there is no way this is an origin movie

1 Like

Again, if you want yo see a kick-a$$ origin featuring Batman, watch Batman Begins. A lot was borrowed from “Frank Miller’s” Batman: Year One

1 Like