The Batman’s Riddler

Over the past few years, we’ve seen different takes on Edward Nashton aka Edward Nygma. From Jim Carrey’s obsessive persona, to the Arkhamverse’s deadly genius, and a proven intellectual on the tv series, Gotham.

The Riddler within The Batman film is being labeled as a “horror” movie type villain and is determined to make a statement for Gotham City with his various puzzles. What are your thoughts for our main villain next year?

5 Likes

I think “horror” Riddler would be interesting, because I feel like it would be more realistic. I mean, if he did commit crimes and leave riddles as clues, that’s pretty similar to how serial killers IRL leave a calling card or have a style pattern at the crime scene. And to be honest, I don’t see a flashy glammed out Riddler fitting in on a world that is similar to ours and as dark and gritty as this movie’s universe, so I think it would be interesting to see what how a character such as the Riddler would look like if he were to exist in our world.

3 Likes

Pothead Scarecrow on Titans, horror Riddler on The Batman, I’m here for it, why not, it’s something new.

3 Likes

I like Frank Gorshin’s Riddler better. Guess I’ll have to put that out of my mind. Don’t forget The Batman (2004) took a huge risk of their Riddler version…
Riddlerthebatman05

Riddlerthebatman08
:riddlerhqtas: