The Batman Part II Main Villain Poll

There is a lot of speculation (and a lot of James Gunn debunking rumors) about what the next main villain will be in the movie Batman Part II.
Who would you wanna see be the next main villain in the movie?

• Hush
  • Joker
  • Mr. Freeze
  • Ra’s Al Ghul
  • Poison Ivy
  • Court of Owls
  • Professor Pyg
  • Clayface
  • Killer Croc
  • Scarecrow
  • Other
0 voters

Please let me know why (and if you have an idea of who you think should play them!!)

6 Likes

Arnold Wesker

5 Likes

While I don’t really like the Court of Owls, they would be appropriate for this universe, considering what the previous film revealed about the Waynes.

7 Likes

Ooo I hadn’t thought about that, but yeah I can see how that could work

7 Likes

Pleaaase Ra’s! Since this is newbie Batman I feel they could introduce him in an interesting way… though it may just be like Batman Begins, so… they might not go that route… hmm :thinking:

5 Likes

I feel like he’s too inexperienced currently to go after the Court, no?

6 Likes

One reason I hate the actual comic story is that I can’t buy a seasoned Bruce being essentially beaten by the Court of WASPs. So that would be an improvement.

6 Likes

I feel like scarecrow could be such a cool character to add an even greater horror layer to the film. Also, since part of what I personally enjoyed about the first movie was its lack of mysticalness and magics, I feel like it can keep that dark, gritty vibe without adding too much out-of-place whimsy.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought it was telling that Scott Snyder originally pitched Court of Owls as a Dick Grayson Batman story.

6 Likes

The problem I have with doing the Court of Owls NOW is because we just went through a movie all about political corruption with Carmine Falcone. It would feel repetitive to do that again.

As for the sequel…that’s a tough one. The world crrated by Matt Reeves has a realistic tone, but it doesn’t go hyper-realistic like the Nolan movies. And we still have room to do some more out there and stylized stuff

I think it would be interesting if they tried to use Mister Freeze. True, it kinda goes in a more science fiction route. But if you connect his past to the Wayne family, we could further Bruce coming to grios with who his parents really were as opposed to his idealized version of them

6 Likes

Mister Freeze deserve to get another chance, drop the ice puns, he can be a cruel, cold & menacing villain. :chill:

6 Likes

His backstory can be portrayed as pretty heart wrenching too. Take away the puns and the cartoony-ness and it could be pretty dark and intense

4 Likes