The Batman has started filming...?

I’m glad we have moved on from “Batfleck”.

Looking forward to a new and younger Batman.

3 Likes

I hope that the story is good and memorable like most of the Batman movies to date

2 Likes

I can see Patman being a very sleek batman, with a very clean looking and futuristic suit. Also i hope he portrays the detective role vigorously, like attention to detail to every clue and mystery. I think he’s gonna be great.

2 Likes

I imagine everyone has seen this, but wanted to put this on this thread:

The cast:
Robert Pattinson (upcoming Tenet , The Lighthouse , Good Time ) as Batman/Bruce Wayne;
Zoë Kravitz ( Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald , Mad Max: Fury Road ) as Selina Kyle; Paul Dano ( Love & Mercy , 12 Years a Slave ) as Edward Nashton; Jeffrey Wright (the Hunger Games films) as the GCPD’s James Gordon; John Turturro (the Transformers films) as Carmine Falcone; Peter Sarsgaard ( The Magnificent Seven , Black Mass ) as Gotham D.A. Gil Colson; Jayme Lawson ( Farewell Amor ) as mayoral candidate Bella Reál; with Andy Serkis (the Planet of the Apes films, Black Panther ) as Alfred; and Colin Farrell ( Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them , Dumbo ) as Oswald Cobblepot.

Production for The Batman is now underway for a June 25, 2021 theatrical release.

3 Likes

Omg that’s such an interesting choice! I’m so excited to see Gotham on screen with this vibe! I’ve been to Glasgow and haven’t thought about it as Gotham before. Super interesting choice!

2 Likes

Colin Farrell as Penguin?! Just can’t picture it. But that just makes it even more intriguing. He’s a good actor, but I never would have guessed him for Cobblepot.

1 Like

Maybe Andy Serkis can get him in a gimp suit (that’s what he called the Gollum mocap suit in the LotR).
I am very confident in this director’s abilities; from what I’ve seen him do in the past. I think he will do a great job.
I am even more confident in Andrew Serkis. He is my favorite actor and I have yet to be disappointed by his performance. I might not think he is the best fit for Alfred, but it just makes me more interested.

1 Like

Wow, good catch, I missed that on the previous post, his name didn’t click. But yeah, the master of motion capture as Alfred? Well I can only say I am really looking forward to this movie.

I don’t really know what to think at this point, I’m keeping an open mind. I just hope there’s a lot of villain spotlight.

1 Like

Like like like like. I am a huge fan of batman and the last batman movie was in 2012. I don’t count batman v.s Superman as a batman movie because I was considered a sequel to man of steel.