The Batman has started filming...?

Have to say…pretty excited! What are your Hope’s for the upcoming film?

9 Likes

Wooo!
WAIT!
Nananananananana

2 Likes

:grin: Can’t Wait to see Penguin and RIDDLER?! I’m so excited for it!:penguin::question:

4 Likes

I hope it has a very different tone than any other Batflick we’ve seen yet…something that really embraces the noir aspect that the internets tell us they’re going for.

5 Likes

I look forward to Pattinsons performance he is an incredible actor!

3 Likes

This is awesome news. For me it’s like deja vu all over again waiting for This Batman movie. Back in the 70s BEFORE the first Superman movie in 1978, it was rumored and even advertised there was a Batman movie coming out; which Finally came out in 1989. It feels like this one is taking forever, too.

@nathanbenton131.57233, I am especially looking forward to Pattinson’s performance as well. I was first introduced to him from his death scene in Harry Potter. And when he came out as the lead in the Twilight franchise, at first I thought no way (besides sparkley vampires Not being my cup of tea). But I’ve been Team Edward ever since.

4 Likes

Great topic, @ComicConArtists!

I am really excited for a new Batman movie. I feel like I haven’t seen one since The Dark Knight (looking at you, “Batfleck”)! :wink:

I recently saw an interview with Robert Pattinson where he discussed why he chose to put on the cowl. He mentioned the high quality and caliber of directors and actors that Batman movies and shows have always drawn. The way that he spoke about the “legacy” and “lineage” of the role shows his dedication and gives me hope that he fully understands what the fans deserve from their Caped Crusader. The casting choices seem to be solid and the story is rumored to be The Long Halloween, which would be epic. Apart from Christian Bale coming out of the cave to reprise his role, I don’t know what more I could ask for!

7 Likes

Awesome

No way . . . worth the wait!

2 Likes

I’m not certain how well The Long Halloween would adapt to the screen, but there are certainly much worse ways of going about this. Color me cautiously optimistic.

3 Likes

The cast and crew are all incredible, and one aspect of it that hasn’t been mentioned it is using Glasgow for a lot of outdoor shooting. Couple that with a lot of studio work I hope we get a more fantastical and truly gothic Gotham City, moreso than Nolan’s previous “Gotham but it’s Chicago.”

5 Likes

Glothamgow? Color me intrigued.

1 Like

I’m so excited for this one. I wish we could’ve gotten more Batfleck, but I’m ready for this one

3 Likes

I agree. I think Affleck really fit the part, as Bruce Wayne and Batman. I know there was controversy initially of him playing the part(s) but look at Michael Keaton, he knocked it out of the park. And even my least favorites George and Val made a good showing. Nevertheless, I’m ready for this one, too. (And Flash, and Cyborg :unamused: and … you get it.)

1 Like

Awesome! :batman_hv_5:

I disagree with your assessment of ol’ George…but, yes, Val made a good showing.

Well, I did say least favorites. I just love seeing my DC heroes pretty much any medium. And my least favorites I just relegate to somewhere in the multiverse.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the Schumacher version of the movie Batman to be slowly tortured somewhere in the Dark Multiverse!

I’m very confident that, no matter what it’s like, the new movie will, at the very least, be better than that.

:rofl:

As soon as you mentioned that, I couldn’t help but think yeah, and with Bat-Nipple Clamps for obvious reasons.

1 Like

I didn’t realize until I looked it up after seeing the credits that Riddler’s real last name in the comics is Nashton and he just changed it to Nigma!

2 Likes