The Batfamily’s Skeletons That Never Get Talked About

I see what you’re saying and I have to agree. He’s a little sexist for that.

1 Like

i think its the writers projecting there own feelings on to him but yeah

2 Likes

This could be true, or it’s a case of different writers at different times. I remember Batman being more strict with Huntress and Cass in the same era, which was before Jason came back and Damian really existed. Damian being his biological son may be a purposeful reason for Bruce having different standards, same with his guilt over Jason’s death. I think some stories also played into the ‘not in my city’ and ‘not with my symbol’ ideas. So Jason killing someone in Gotham with a bat on his chest was treated differently than running around killing someone elsewhere with a mask emblem on his chest.

As for calling Bruce out, Barbara has quite a few times (mostly as Oracle from what I remember), Alfred has, and Jason has, although I think he’s often too angry to really get through to Bruce. I do like when Dick stands up to him, though. They have a different dynamic that holds more gravitas for me.

1 Like

the time with hunteress im thinking of happened during the 80s when Jaason was in his moody teen murder phase but not yet dead

1 Like