The 85th Anniversary of Superman is Coming!

Since today is the anniversary, and with me being the collector that I am, I want to celebrate by highlighting some of my favorite Superman collectibles.

Superman “Doll” by Ideal Toy Company
The first Superman toy, released circa 1940. Also considered by many to be the first action figure, although that term wasn’t coined until the 60s.

Kenner Super Powers Superman
This 1984 figure was the Superman toy for a generation.

Man of Steel Superman
From the 2006 DC Direct “Superman Through The Ages” box set. A fantastic (and rare) rendition of John Byrne’s Supes.

Mezco One:12 Superman
Mezco has made some nice cloth costumed Superman figures. These two are my favorite of theirs.

McFarlane Multiverse Hush Superman
Yes, I switched out the angry “possessed” head, but the official vanilla version should be out soon. The best 7” Superman figure, in my opinion.

Sideshow Superman Sixth Scale Figure
Love these 12” figures from Sideshow.

DC Collectibles Superman: “The Man Of Steel” Statues
Wish this line continued past the 15 statues we got. Here’s a couple of personal favorites, based on Lee Bermejo, Shane Davis, and Kenneth Rocafort designs.

DC Direct Super Friends Superman Maquette
My childhood come to life. Look at how closely that resembles the old cartoon :slightly_smiling_face:

DC Direct Christopher Reeve As Superman Statue
What’s a Superman list without this late legend?

DC Collectibles BvS Superman Statue
Best representation of Henry Cavill as Superman, imo.

DC Collectibles Designer Series Superman Statue by Jim Lee
Based on a page from one of my favorite Superman stories (For Tomorrow).

Iron Studios Clark Kent Art Scale Statue
This little statue captures the iconic pose perfectly.

Tweeterhead Superman Maquette
Classic Superman

Iron Studios Prime Scale Superman Statue by Ivan Reis
This 1/3 scale statue will forever be the centerpiece and crown jewel of my collection. Here it is with all the different heads.

8 Likes