The 85th Anniversary of Superman is Coming!

Not too shabby for 85, is he?

April 18th marks the anniversary of Superman’s first appearance in DC Comics. It was on that day in 1938 that the mysterious Kal-El of Krypton made his debut all the way back in Action Comics #1 — that’s a loooong time to be saving the world!

We have TONS of Superman content coming up in April, so be sure to join us here on DCUI as we celebrate the symbol of hope together! :superman:

In the meantime, the Daily Planet has to know: What are some of your all-time favorite Superman storylines? Favorite fights? Favorite artist portrayals? Best SM moments in the DCU?

Spare no details — let’s talk all things SUPER!

27 Likes

supermannnn

9 Likes

Definitely some of my fave Supes moments are from Who Killed Jimmy Olsen:

Both hilarious and super touching :sob:

13 Likes

hehe funny funny

6 Likes

happy anniversary to you
happy anniversary to you
happy anniversary dear superman
happy anniversary to you
and many more!!!

8 Likes

Yay for supes!

10 Likes

You’re Much Stronger Than You Think You Are
To Catch Them If They Fall
There Is A Right And A Wrong In The Universe
You Can’t Throw Morality In The Garbage Just Because Life’s Tough!
Taking Lives Is Something I Definitely Find Offensive!
Truth, Justice and the American Way
Truth, Justice and a Better Tomorrow
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share, I’ll never stop fighting. Ever!” This quote showcased the power of dreams and hope, and the battle to maintain that hope no matter what.
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear until my dream of a world where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share, I’ll never stop fighting. Ever!” This quote showcased the power of dreams and hope, and the battle to maintain that hope no matter what-supes

8 Likes

and to finish it memes

5 Likes

images (49)
2qv2kp
download - 2023-03-30T110815.781

7 Likes

bravisimo and perfecto good anniversary

6 Likes

Awe:superman:ome™:+1:
Happy Anniversary Supes :tada:.

Off the top of my head smashes the clan and up in the sky are probably two of my favorites.

As for fight any with Doomsday. He’s one of my top 10 DC characters so had to go with him.

7 Likes

i think im going to type :superman: upe :superman: stlye today

7 Likes

I think I recall that also being @Jurisdiction’s favorite (unless Secret Identity has taken the #1 spot recently? :laughing:) — I’ll have to read it sometime!

8 Likes

nice

6 Likes

download - 2023-03-30T112459.353

here’s some cake for you guys

9 Likes

it has!

7 Likes

I KNEW IT!

I have to pick it up again. I really liked Chapter 1.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Can’t believe I didn’t see this sooner! I’ve been a fan of Superman since I was very little. The coolest thing about him at the time was flying, how cool would it be to fly like him, and he has alot of great catchphrase like…

This Look like a Job for Superman!
Up, up and away!
Great Scott!

Superman has really made ways for tons of heroes whether it’s DC, Marvel or IDW comics, I’m really thankful for the Man of Steel. The only thing I don’t like about Superman is when he doesn’t have his red trunk, it may work well for Batman, but for Superman, it suck! Hated the Man of Steel Superman costume, can’t beat Christopher Reeve Superman costume which was perfect. :slightly_smiling_face:
I can really talk about Superman all day, happy 85 years Superman!

:superman:

11 Likes

Bookmarked for near future celebratory Superman brain dump :slightly_smiling_face: :00_superman1:

9 Likes