The 52 Book Club: Week Twenty

Welcome back to the 52 Book Club, where each week we read an issue of the acclaimed series in celebration of its 15th anniversary!

This week we’ll be reading issue 20, written by Mark Waid, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Greg Rucka, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and finishes by Chris Batista. This issue also includes a Secret Origin back-up of Adam Strange, written by Waid and drawn by Kevin Nowlan.

Supernova makes a visit to the abandoned Batcave, and John Henry Irons—picking up his hero ways once again—discovers a startling secret about the Everyman Project! Meanwhile, thousands of light-years away, the lost-in-space heroes battle a new enemy!

LINK: 52 #20

Looking forward to discussing this with you all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bookmarked

1 Like

Interesting that the Emerald Eye of Ekron makes an appearance here of the Legion of Super-Heroes fame.

@kevin_oyer.50320 @JimboFett @capo-mage

Another super quick read.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely one of the more interesting parts of the Strange/Starfire/Animal Man/Lobo story. In all my reading of Emerald Enchantress in Legion, I never thought to ask, “Just who was Ekron, anyway?”

2 Likes

Omg this is so good that I used omg for the 1st two times ever!!! I just reread it right b4 last Halloween. It was even better. Every time I read this it gets better- & it was already a favorite after my 1st reading…

1 Like

I’ll take one of what he’s having

1 Like

There’s more than one…one of anything isn’t enough for me…

1 Like