Thanks For Everything, DC Community -- ❤, Applejack

To The DC Community,

If there is one thing DC fans understand, it is change. 80 years of canon across thousands of characters will do that. Batgirl becomes Oracle, but also, Batgirl is a mantle held Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain. Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing, Jason Todd becomes Robin, becomes Red Hood. Characters, as people, grow and change.

Today, your ol’ pal Applejack will be hanging up the cowl of DC Sr. Community Manager for an exciting chance to grow and change. Soon, someone else will inherit the honored CM mantle, but I will always remain your comrade in DC fandom.

I know you will welcome the next CM with the warm heart and kind spirit you have generously shared with me and everyone else here in the community. It is impossible to individually address everyone who has activated that spirit and made me cackle into office silence (causing everyone to ask “what are you laughing at?”), made my heart swell, or moved me to tears with their story. But each and every one of you has proven the world is full of inherently good people, and hope.

The moderators will continue to embody and enact the values that make this the best community on the internet. Treat them well and continue to do your part to protect the green of our space.

To The Moderators,

Thank you. You are the frontline, the copper-to-copper humans who generously give the best parts of yourselves in the name of upholding and protecting this community. Being a part of a team who can say to each other “no, but really. These folks are THE BEST" is rare, and I got to do that with you all, daily. I have learned so much from all of you, and often, felt I was given more credit than was deserved for what you all were accomplishing and enforcing. This community will remain strong not only because of your presence, but because of how well you pass the torch on to future moderators, and how admirably you sustain that legacy in the face of inevitable change. I have seen this resilience now through multiple transitions and have every faith that you will continue these good works (and sometimes, good trouble), for years to come. It is in you, the moderators, that the daisy chain of care and attention will thrive.

If there is one message I hope everyone in the community takes to heart, it is that all of you, even the silent lurkers, have made a huge impact in creating this beautiful digital space. That is what makes a community, and I am humbled to have been a constant witness to it.

Tiny little DC fan Applejack could never have envisioned having the honor of creating a place for the best fans in the multiverse to share their passions and find each other. And as much as I would like to take credit for the hilarity, compassion, tears of joy, or incalculable fun and memories, I can claim nothing more than holding the door for all of you to come and collectively create this wonderland.

Thank you all, as always, for keeping me sharp, and honest.

Until Next Time,
Applejack

I acknowledge I broke a guideline by posting this in Gen Disc. I trust the moderators will manage it accordingly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::chill::batparrot::birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

Please enjoy this haphazard assembly of some of my favorite memories, memes, and quotes from the past 3 years. Some quotes I have saved, but are too personal to share. But I did keep a lot of your kind remarks :heart:

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 2.23.12 PM copy

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.39.01 AM
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 9.33.55 AM copybe4d14de6e9be37d264a5e3ada7eedba

BTASNewYears

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.02.11 PM

giphy (10)

94 Likes

I’m not crying, you’re crying. :cry:

Goodbye, Applejack, and thank you. :wave:

32 Likes

It’s been an absolute pleasure, AJ.

I’ve learned more working with you than I have in 10 years of CM jobs and I’ll never forget it.

I’m gonna cry if I type any more, so I’m gonna leave you with this GIF.

ApprehensiveInfamousLark-size_restricted

You’ll be missed, but there’s absolutely no chance that any member of the community right now will ever forget the name Applejack.

Thank you and good luck for what comes next. :blue_heart:

40 Likes

Thank you so very very much.

31 Likes

I can’t believe how many of these pictures I’m in. It’s been such an honor to share this space with you. We will meet again.

36 Likes

Thank you Soo much for what you have taught me and the experiences with you, AJ! We’ll definitely meet again :dp_robotman: :heart:

26 Likes

I’m not going to cry. Nope, I’m staying my stoic self.

Ah, hell. Who am I kidding?

@Applejack It’s been an absolute pleasure thus far, and I’m sure your next turn professionally, and on DCUI as “one of us”, will be even better. Stay sharp and keep kicking ass as only you can, Ace. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

SN: Kudos for having Kenner and Mattel Swamp Thing figures on your shelf. Very schway picks.

31 Likes

I got this little guy as a gift for AJ the first time we met. :green_heart:

27 Likes

A fine choice, as he’s one of the all-time best Imaginext figures, DC or otherwise.

Say @Applejack, this one’s on me (another fine release by Mattel):

Don’t forget AJ, McFarlane will have a Mega Swampy out sometime soon-ish.

24 Likes

My drop into the ocean of appreciation. Wishing you lots of success in your next gig. Looking forward to see you amongst the swarthy rabble that hold you so dear even if I never recognize you.

26 Likes

Search over the valley, the mountains, and you’ll see
Believing in yourself sets you free

23 Likes

“3, 2, 1, let’s jam!”

23 Likes

I guess it is time to blow this scene. Get everybody and their stuff together.

22 Likes

We’ll miss you, AJ! I hope to see you around the forums as a civilian one of these days. Thanks so much for all you’ve done over the years.

25 Likes

I wonder if AJ would like an Evangelion? :thinking:

She might.

20 Likes

I can honestly say it was an honor to get to know you as our Sr. Community Manager and I’m looking forward to the honor of getting to know you as a fellow DCU citizen. Rock on. :metal: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

24 Likes

Thanks for everything, AJ!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

24 Likes

11886-1293
Penguin: Well Batgirl, this is it, the final goodbye.
batman95
Batgirl: Yes, I guess it is, so long Penguin.
tumblr_e52038b1d8f0089685db2e3af6f83153_0a5f7920_400
Penguin: She’s gone! Time to run for Gotham Mayor!

The End…

Thankyou so much Applejack of so many great memories. The last 2 1/2 years has been a lot of fun and hope you enjoy your new job as much as you’ve been working here. :slightly_smiling_face:
Glad I can still bug @Alec.Holland if I need anything!:grin:

29 Likes

…and so on.

That ocean must be from everyone’s tears, @Applejack thank you and see you soon.

Also, it’s summer. It’s so hot our eyes are just sweating… :joy:

26 Likes

Thanks for everything and best wishes going forward, look to see you hanging with us on the site.

25 Likes