Thanks DC Universe!

I need to preface this post with a little history. In 2017 I spent 10 months is the hospital due to a foot amputation and complications from it. It was a bleak year. I was released from the hospital in December. I got married 3 days later in a superhero themed wedding (a pic of which I attached). I was following all of the hype leading up to the launch of the service. As September approached, I weighed the options and prepaid for a year membership. Due to the fact that I can’t get around very well, I have the DC Universe to entertain me. The DC Daily team is so much fun. I cna’t say enough about them. Clarke, Sam, Samm, Hector, Tiffany, John K, Whitney, Markeia, Brian, Harley, and any appearance from John Barrowman. I feel like you guys are friends of mine…thank you for keeping me entertained! I waited to post this until the Titans season was over so I could see if I liked it. I went into the show not wanting to like it…and came out at the end as a huuuuge fan. I enter as many sweepstakes as I can…since my income and mobility are limited and I love seeing who wins them! I want to Thank DC Universe for helping me through some tough days sometimes and giving me fun stuff to look forward to every day!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25348546_10211058551155248_8886353480641775505_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=02925eccc9967b78f536b01f2e03c8a3&oe=5C8ED0C7

27 Likes

Glad to see you doing better!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on the wedding, that was a great picture. My wife and I got married this Halloween, I wanted it to be Batman themed but she is a purge fan so we ended up going with a purge themed Halloween wedding. DC Comics helped through a pretty rough patch in my life as well so I can relate. I was kinda the opposite in that I was super excited about Titans but it was my wife who thought she would hate it. After the first episode she was hooked and won’t let me watch it without her. Anyway, it was great reading your post, Happy Holidays and I look forward to reading more from you.

2 Likes

Blessings to all, stay positive, glad you and yours are part of the DCU Family!!!

3 Likes

What a beautiful photo, and definitely a beautiful story! Truly, thank you so much for sharing that with us, @JohnD3rd, and congratulations on getting married! Hoping you have a wonderful holiday as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

no doubt, congratulations on the festivities

agreed, John Barrowman is the best

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words, and what a great photo of a wonderful day! Thanks for bringing your kindness and superhero spirit to us. We’ll be sure to share your praise with the DC Daily cast :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Omg I said Tiffany twice. I forgot Whitney!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! You’ll be seeing me around for sure.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the wedding. Look forward to conversing with you on all things Dc.

1 Like

Welcome and Congratulations! I hope to seeing you in the community boards often.

1 Like

Welcome to DC Universe

1 Like

Welcome to Dc! Great to have you here!

1 Like