Thank From an Old Fan!

I have been reading comics since the early 70’s so many of my old comics have disappeared over the years, and since the invention of the internet I have been able to find most of them, while a few escaped me. Tonight while looking for an old issue of Batman where he fights someone with nunchucks and I was able to find it!!! It makes me so happy. Thanks to DC and to this app, I have been able to read a lot of old stuff, I enjoy it so much.
Thanks DC
DB

11 Likes

Which issue was it? Glad you were able to track it down.

3 Likes

Detective Comics 485!! It sticks out in my mind because I was obsessed with nunchucks as a kid, and I remember that half the pages were washed out no ink! It’s funny what the mind holds onto. Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to chatting with people here.

6 Likes

This is the kind of story that makes my heart swell. I love this comic archive.

5 Likes

This looks really good! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

Detective Comics #485

5 Likes

I have also been reading since the 70’s. I stopped reading around 1990 and started getting back into it around 2015 when I found out about Marvel Unlimited. Having MU and DCU is like having one of your greatest dreams come true.
My physical copies are long gone, but having access to thousands of comics on my phone is much better in my opinion.

2 Likes

That was a fun issue.

3 Likes

It’s surreal sometimes when I think “I’ve owned this issue at one time”… and now I’m reading it Digitally :joy:… still nothing like hitting the comic book stores on weds. The feel of a new issue, the smell, crispness of the pages… and putting it in a sleeve immediately after 1st Read! … that’s the stuff I miss!:joy:

3 Likes

Yes, I have enjoyed reading the comics of my youth as well, I look forward to the continuing growth of the library.

2 Likes