Talk About Your Favorite Black Hero (Any Universe Honestly) This Month

Fair enough!

And while I know we’re specifically talking about heroes right now, I do wanna shed some light on one of the most conceptually terrifying villains (and one of my all time faves), Ebon.

I’m ec-Static ( :wink: ) to see him appear in Shadows of Dakota. Drapier-Ivey has some very big plans for him in terms of art direction throughout the series so I’m stoked to see how they modernize him.

9 Likes

Ebon always make my top list of coolest looking characters! He is a great character in general. Loved him in that show. I haven’t seen that concept art yet. It looks really good!

4 Likes

New favorite: Nubia. Her origin and appearance in the 70’s was very brief, but her recent return has been meteoric!

I also loved John Henry Irons as Steel in the Reign of the Supermen. This shot is iconic:

I will have to add my vote for Storm in the Marvel universe.

And Luke Cage. He has changed over the decades, but is still the same hero.

8 Likes

John and John! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ooh fun! John Stewart’s a great pick! Idk too much about John Henry Irons though

4 Likes

john the conqueror if u know what im saying :wink:

2 Likes

Vixen!

8 Likes

Aaaaghhh I completely forgot Nubia!! I do love the queen too.

7 Likes

I love his overall concept and design, and I’ve liked him every time I’ve seen him. I actually haven’t read any Steel solo stuff, if anyone has recommendations for that.

6 Likes

Hey DC…Do something with Naomi! She’s such an interesting character, with a ton of potential!

8 Likes

Who is this?

2 Likes

It’s a tie between Cyborg and Vixen for me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s Black Vulcan, from The Super Friends cartoon. It seems the animators were never consistent with his outfit. On this one, he only has his lower face exposed. Others, he has no pants. LOL

Truth be told, he’s more nostalgic for me than an actual favorite.

4 Likes

Lol ill have to check him out!

4 Likes