:jsa_book_club: Tales from JSA Classified :jsa_book_club:

Hello all. In our second October session here @JSABookClub we will be heading back to the JSA Classified series for a couple of stories. The first features Green Lantern. The second features Wildcat and third Jakeem Thunder.

THE JSABC ROLL CALL

Club Leaders

@JasonTodd428
@MatthewHecht

Honorary Member
@Aurora

Standing Members

Abrax, AggressiveIntellectual219, Alec.Holland, anthony.javier3, Applejack, Azrael_Jean-PaulValley14, BatgirlsAmdSignalBookWhenDC, bbzo24, beniac-5, bigblock66, BlueBeetlesAssistant, Bob32571, BobbinIrving, Boswell99, Brenticus_Rex, bromepeter424, Brownliealex1048, CaptainYesterday, CassTheStreet, chintzybeatnik, CrazyQuilt, Daffern, DarcyPeridot, Darkstarz, dave7atgosky, dave_worrell, DC_Community, Deathstroke’sPunisher, deborahma295, december360, djganon, Doctor075, DocterFate1, Don-El, fawsid, finn.p.campbell,frankie.lacy79, l, Frostbite30, ganaoque, harrist, HombreDeMaiz, hotstufflouie, HubCityAnswer, Jay_Kay, jayspice777, Jflow, jlevin, Jurisdiction, kaliym73, lunalane, mbpbinder, _meegs, Meisaj, Midnitehour, MiscellaneousSoup, MisfitCMJ, mitchellbpearson, MoukaYuki, MPMCN86, msgtv, Odbo255, PaintEater, parzival27, ProActress, QuadPen, ralphsix, Ravenrifft, ReaganFan78, Remember5NovEveyHammond, RexRebel, rlynchfamily, Robingames, ROMANLEGION rspezzano, rwm, Ryan22, Schoeswald, Scoop001, Sinestro1,slowp0Ketail, Smallengineerings, SuperBlue Grodd, TheCosmicMoth,TheRealDetectoveChimp, Timmay_Bird, TK52, Tommyskindlefire, TurokSonOfStone, YolandaMontezz, ZacharyLee1995

To join the club for all things JSA related please hit the link below!

Polish_20210112_222926914

What to Read

Discussion

1. In our first story Green Lantern seems into have lost his way a bit when old foe Johnny Mimic reminds him of the hero he is. He even says to Alan “It was “Mystery Men” like you who stood for something better. Even the hoodlums looked up to Green Lantern.” So did you find what Johnny Mimic did here heroic?

2. Wildcat is investigating a gambling ring whose members bet on the outcomes of hero/villain battles and it brings up memories of their past for Ted. What did you think if the flash backs in these two issues?

3. Young Jakeem learns a valuable lesson: Even with his power he still cannot be everywhere or help everyone who needs it. What do you think of this idea?

JSA Alerts

• For November: Stargirl: The Lost Children

• For December: Club will be on Hiatus until January 2024

5 Likes

No

2- Mostly overly preachy, but I did like the detail of Power Girl pretending to be beaten. She looked so bored. I see why she is not an actress.

3- An accurate depiction that people cannot be given everything nor can one person do so much. I really like this issue except the balance thing at the end. I think that was unnecessary.

1 Like