Superman Year One: this is the movie!

Miller and Romita do the Kents justice but still provide a modern take: way better than Man of Steel.

I can’t wait to buy #2—this is the modern yet essential Superman we have been waiting for!

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! It’s always great when you find a series you love. I’m going to wait for the trade though; I’m still hesitant to trust Frank Miller.

2 Likes

I was thinking about waiting, but I decided to take the risk and loved it. Though I’m a big Romita, Jr., fan, so that definitely factored into my decision to jump in. I don’t know where it will all go, but so far it is a really good take on Superman–he’s not trying to turn him into a brooding guy.

1 Like

Also enjoyed the first issue. As with @ggunders, big Romita fan, so seeing him collab with Miller is something of a thrill. To me it kind of looks like he’s finishing Miller’s layouts, but don’t know that for sure. Also like the lack of brooding. It’s a very wide eyed Kal, eager to see the world. Curious how that’s going to play into him joining the military. He could become disillusioned very quickly next issue, so not quite in the ‘Miller clear’ yet. Trying not to spoil too much, but one scene with Lana verged on being out of tone and out of place. But overall, a welcome revival for Frank Miller.

1 Like