"Superman vs the Ku Klux Klan" to he produced by Adi Shankar

Based on the true story of Stetsen Kennedy going undercover in the clan, teaming with the Anti-Defamation league, and exposing the real life members on “the Adventures of Superman” tv series. I dont know why it took this long…

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/11/19/superman-vs-the-ku-klux-klan-adi-shankar

2 Likes

Yeah, typos. No way to edit

1 Like

That would be pretty awesome. Loved the episode of Drunk History where they cover this story. Hilarious.

1 Like

This is pretty cool. I’l have to be on the lookout for it!

1 Like

I watched a Collider Live interview Shankar recently, pretty interesting guy. Cant tell if hes genuinely socially awkward or if hes just trying “talk at their level”.
They were talking about the Apu “controversy”, as he was a producer on “the problem with Apu”. I was happy to see him recognize the greatness of the character and seemed to genuinely want to come up with solutions to the perception, not throw the character away or attack the creators or Hank Azaria. He approached it in alot of thoughtful and considerate ways, so points in my book, even if I like Apu just the way he is.