Superman reading order?

In what order do I read the Superman comics from 2016 rebirth up? I am confused between rebirth Superman and action comics. Do they go together or do I read them separately. I am new to Superman and it was recommended to me that I should read the rebirth Superman but I started it and was confused because it said that Superman was dead but there is some other Superman there I am just so confused

1 Like

So the Superman that starts out in Rebirth is actually pre-Flashpoint Superman, who took over after New 52 Superman died. He was re-introduced in Convergence and more fully fleshed out before Rebirth in the Superman: Lois and Clark miniseries. In terms of the two titles, Superman focuses on Clark and Jon while Action Comics focuses more on Clark. The two can be read separately until they cross over in the Superman: Reborn event, which, w/out spoiling how it happens, establishes a new, retconned origin for this iteration of Supes. It’s admittedly a lot to take in for the first time, but both titles are great and definitely worth reading

7 Likes

Ok thank you. I was really confused but that helped a lot. Thank you

1 Like

Wait sorry one new question. Does it matter if I read the newer action comics first?

Are you talking about New 52 Action Comics?

1 Like

The 2016 ones that start somewhere close to the 1000th issue

1 Like

Oh right, that makes more sense. Well those ones are part of Rebirth too - they’re the ones I mentioned that focus more on Clark. As long as you know the circumstances leading up to #957, that should be a solid place to start

2 Likes

Ok. Thank you. I loved reading nightwing, I didn’t know what to read after that so then I read the flash and I am caught up with what they have on the app, and then someone suggested Superman and I started reading it and had no idea what was going on with the 2 Supermans

2 Likes

No problem. It’s weird, a lot of the Rebirth titles are immediately accessible w/ little to no background needed, but the Superman titles are definitely an exception. Still, once you get settled, they’re both great reads

2 Likes

I am on issue 3 of the Superman rebirth and I love that he is a family man

2 Likes

Tomasi and Gleason have really nailed the father-son dynamic

1 Like

I know I love it

1 Like