đź“» Superman Radio Listen-Along đź“» Thursday March 7th 9 pm ET Space Shell (1945) + Mystery of the Lost Planet (1947)

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] Thursday March 7th 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT :radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show From early 1945, the conclusion of “Space Shell” ep 9-10

AND

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, mid-1947 “Mystery of the Lost Planet” ep 4-6

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When : Thursday March7th 2024 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the shows on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show “Space Shell” ep 9-10 February 1945, Conclusion.

Youtube* (23 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30AiTGmP4oQ
…
2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, Mystery of the Lost Planet ep 4-6 April 1947
Youtube (31 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j3nupl-B94
…
All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs can be found and enjoyed on these Youtube Playlists: https://www.youtube.com/@fansofdcuniverse1918/playlists

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.
All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.
See you Thursday night!
ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

@Superman-Fan-Club

6 Likes

And we have the mystery of the same character showing up in both of these storylines a couple years apart, but no mention the one happened before the other.

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to make it. By the way, are we going to have some more read alongs coming soon. I can’t get enough of the Silver Age stories.

3 Likes

I bet there’s still one or two we didn’t read yet, Something to look at for the month of March for sure, thanks pal!

3 Likes

Looking forward to the listen-along! School has kept me busy, so I haven’t been on as much as I’d like. I’ll be here on Thursday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I plan to have the recordings mixed and posted on YouTube hopefully later today, certainly one way or the other, before our Thursday evening gathering!

I’ll be at work still but love listening to these and will make some time to do so later this week :smiley: Sending my super hellos to everyone though!

1 Like

I’m hearing the Superman Movie theme as you send your super hellos.

1 Like

Hello. And yes, I too am hearing the Superman Movie theme.

2 Likes

Howdy all! Ready for the listen-along! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

all right all right all right

1 Like

I’ve got the Space Shell recording for tonight prepped on my phone to play while I tippy type here on my Android tablet with wireless keyboard. I love how the speaker on the Motorola phone sounds like old time radio.

1 Like

1 minute

1 Like

ok, let em Play!

Kellogg’s PEP!

I’m here with my Pep Cereal

2 Likes

Those are rookie numbers. Get those up.

2 Likes

I want those plane models lol

1 Like

I often look this stuff up on google for pricing