Superman For All Seasons is FANTASTIC

Honestly, out of everything I’ve ever read from this character (And that’s not everything), I truly find this to be the best story, and it does this with little to no action. That’s how you know you have a great story. First off, the art is FANTASTIC, Sale impressed me on Long Halloween with his dark look, and impressed me even more with this one, jeez. Then there’s jeph loeb. He does such a great humanization and heroic look at the man of steel even 60 years after he had came out. This is the kind of superman i love. Not just that, is it is very genuine and if you have the physical version like I do there are some stories that were added later in the early 2000s that are FANTASTIC. They give such sad stories, particularly this one about a child getting cancer, but overall they are very human, and there’s this one about batman that’s great too. At this point, loeb is probably my favorite writer, there isn’t something he’s done that I haven’t adored. I’m now going to have to read his superman/batman comic

3 Likes

If you loved Loeb on For All Seasons, you’ll probably be over the moon for his Superman/Batman run. It’s tremendously fun and entertaining and a favorite of mine.

1 Like

Loeb’s SFAS is the comic I recommend to people who say they don’t “get” Superman.

1 Like

Yes, what Mr. Loeb did with SFAS is very special. I recently found issue 2 out in the wild. I’ll probably have to order the rest.

Yeah, For All Seasons is still in my top five Superman stories of all time. You’ll really enjoy Superman/Batman, I think (though the Ed McGuinness & Michael Turner artwork is a big change from Tim Sale).

For the record, the other four:
Kingdom Come
All-Star Superman
What’s So Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way?
American Alien

1 Like

@christowhit.7544 It’s time I read American Alien. I couldn’t agree more with the others you mentioned.

1 Like