[Superman Fan Club] đź“» Superman Radio Listen-Along đź“» Thursday September 7th 9 pm ET Disappearance of Clark Kent+ Mystery Ship

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] October 5th 2023 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT:radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories

supes newpaper sundays g

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show From late 1946, “The Disappearance of Clark Kent,” FINALE #1427-, ep 13, super trippy and weird sci fi + part 1 of the “Secret Letter” that immediately follows!!

AND

Mystery Ship ep 1,2 and 4 December 1942 (# 221-222)

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When : Thursday October 5th 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the audio recordings on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show episodes #1427-1428, “The Disappearance of Clark Kent,” ep 13 + “The Secret Letter” ep 1.

Youtube* (21 ½ minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZ4QZvrJz8

…

2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, Mystery Ship ep 1,2 and 4 December 1942 (# 221 – 222)
Youtube (33 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wwssaQTiE

…

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5lxO0toreKAZJk2lGhtc_cUou_SbNHv

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.
All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.
See you Thursday night!
ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

@Superman-Fan-Club

5 Likes

You won’t believe your ears!!!

5 Likes

Consider me here Thursday night.

4 Likes

I was finally able to create the two files that we’ll be listening to on YouTube this week. The free software I now have to use is called “Shotcut” and it took several times to get it right, but hey we’re good to go now. And it’s always crazy, we already have like 40 people that have listened to these and it’s not even to listen along yet.

3 Likes

I’ll see everyone on Thursday!!! So glad that the “White Plague” is over. All that whiteness was starting to get to me :laughing: :rofl: Intrigued by the new titles!!! Secret letters!!! Mystery ships!!! Oh my! Sounds like a mystery is a foot times 2! Can’t wait to see how these turn out.

2 Likes

Or hear how they turn out LOL.

I was recalling tonight the days of my youth back in the 1960s when my Daddy on weekends would play his transistor radio at the kitchen table and listen to Wheeling West Virginia country live music. At the time I didn’t get it, and would watch TV with Mom in the living room instead, but now I wish I had gathered round and listened in on all the antics that probably took place during those performances, like we would see on the TV series Hee Haw featuring singers and comedians from the Grand Ole Opry.

2 Likes

Tonight!

1 Like

Yeah! I haven’t commented yet on the book club posts due to being out on trips (saw wild FLAMINGOS in WISCONSIN) but I’m here and ready for old timey radio :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I heard the flamingos have been appearing where they’re not supposed to this year.

2 Likes

YouTube now offers transcripts of videos. Some of us have been talking about trying to do these radio shows on our own and have our own versions of them.

@Bar-El

2 Likes

Sounds like you have pretty eclectic tastes. Country music and Superman.

2 Likes

Found out how to stream this to my tv which I am super excited about. Means I will be able to listen better throughout tonight.

3 Likes

oh, I’m honestly not much of a country music listener. My Daddy was.

But I do enjoy bluegrass quite a bit.

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, I often do these with the Roku Youtube app on TV.

1 Like

I actually almost missed tonight’s listen along event. I have really been getting into some Audible podcasts lately, mainly true crime stuff as well as biographies. But if you’re a DC fan and want a really great podcast, try this one:

The World’s Greatest Super Friends Podcast (libsyn.com)

They cover not just Super Friends episodes but also the Filmation DC cartoons. The enthusiasm of the hosts is infectious.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen @rexrebel lately. I hope all is well.

2 Likes

2 minutes

2 Likes

Don’t go giving me yet another DC podcast to listen to, I spend so much time listening to DC podcasts as it is lol. I’ll give this one a listen though.

3 Likes

1 minute

2 Likes