[Superman Fan Club] đź“» Superman Radio Listen-Along đź“» Thursday June 1st 9 pm ET The Disappearance of Clark Kent!

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] June 1st 2023 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT:radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show A new storyline from late 1946, “The Disappearance of Clark Kent,” #1415-1417, ep 1-3, weird sci fi!!

AND

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, #0215-216 - White Plague ep 2 & 3
Wierd remote nature scary story!

cape

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!

When : Thursday June 1st 2023 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the audio recordings on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show episodes #1415-1417 , “The Disappearance of Clark Kent,” ep 1-3. Jimmy Olsen receives an envelope from Clark Kent that states Kent is leaving, and he may never see Jimmy ever again.

It has been one week since Jimmy and the others read the mysterious letter from Clark. There is no news of his whereabouts until Doctor John Millicent, who had helped Superman in finding a way to detect Kryptonite and the Atom Man, calls Perry. He knows everything about Clark Kent’s disappearance. Unfortunately, according to Millicent, Kent may possibly be dead.

Youtube* (34 1/2 minutes): Adventures of Superman Radio Show - "Disappearance of Clark Kent" ep 1-3 - YouTube
Video MP4 file on Google Drive : Disappearance of Clark Kent.mp4 - Google Drive
Audio MP3 file on Google drive : Adventures of Superman 1415 - Disappearance of Clark Kent ep1 [1946-11-06].mp3 - Google Drive

…

2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, “The White Plague” (June 1941 Episodes 2-3, #0215-0216.
At a logging camp near the Big Beaver River up north that is owned by Walter Bartlett - a friend of Perry White’s, there has been some trouble. The loggers in the camp believe that its troubles are being caused by something called the White Plague. Any lumberjack that cuts down a tree whose roots are covered with snow will suffer the vengeance of the White Plague is the legend. Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen are on a train going to the logging camp for a working vacation, but they receive a telegram telling them to return to Metropolis because there’s trouble in the camp. Unfortunately, they didn’t get the message until just before the train arrived, and the next train wouldn’t arrive until tomorrow morning. Clark and Jimmy must hire a dog sled to take them to the logging camp.

Youtube (21 1/2 minutes) Adventures of Superman Radio: The White Plague : Episodes 2 and 3 June 1941 episodes 215-216 - YouTube

Video MP4 file on Google Drive : Superman Radio White Plague Episodes 2 and 3 Summer 1941.mp4 - Google Drive

Audio MP3 file on Google drive : Adventures of Superman 0215 - White Plague ep2 3 [1941-06].mp3 - Google Drive

…

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: The Adventures of Superman Radio 1940-1942 Pre Kelloggs Era - YouTube

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

See you Thursday night!

ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

5 Likes

At this listen along I must be

4 Likes

The main recording has been uploaded to our secret YouTube channel!

Hopefully tomorrow, the second recording will be uploaded, so we have a good time Thursday night once again, all according to our hoped-for, anticipated plan!

4 Likes

Both storylines are now added to the top of this thread to access for Thursday night’s Listen Along.

3 Likes

I’m gonna try to make it for the first part, but then I’ll have to leave before the second to finish my final English paper.

3 Likes

Great idea, the first new storyline is about 30 minutes, and PS it is super wacko sci-fi.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m excited!

3 Likes

It’s pretty labor intensive putting these Losten Alongs together, isn’t it?

3 Likes

It definitely is! And you take commercials out too! I just get lazy and leave some in lol

2 Likes

I try to leave at least one commercial in there if it’s interesting. But wow, hearing that same commercial for buttons over and over is almost on the verge of torture.

3 Likes

Yeah I think the technical term for that is “hell” lol

2 Likes

I say leave the commercials in. I kinda like 'em.

2 Likes

Hello all!

3 Likes

Hi, @patterson65.37405 !

3 Likes

heya!

3 Likes

Welcome Super Pals!

4 Likes

2 minutes to show time. Steel yourselves, you are about to be tempted to purchase something very expensive but collectable!!

4 Likes

Oh great, I need more things like that :laughing:

2 Likes

Hee hee. Yeah me too.

Ok, Let’s launch:

3 Likes