[Superman Fan Club] and Friends 📻 Superman 40’s Radio Show Listen-Along 📻 Wednesday March 3rd 2021 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT

It’s time again for the hot twice-a-month Wednesday Evening [Superman Fan Club] :radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and all, one and ALL!!!

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show #1218 – 1222 “Is There Another Superman?” (January 1946): (part 2 of 3 Listen Alongs for this storyline).

When: Wednesday March 3rd 2021 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT

A powerful thief wears a blue costume and a red cape, busts into banks and other places with his bare hands and escapes by taking off into the sky, later donating his stolen money to charities!! Can it be?? Batman is sure there is a second Superman, but Clark (who keeps getting strong headaches) isn’t so sure!

5 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the halfway point of the week!!!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!

We’ll launch the audio recordings in perfect unison like robins flying north in the spring!

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand:

I have combined all 5 initial episodes for this Listen Along into one Youtube file here (about 54 minutes):

You can also listen to the audio file only here if you prefer on Google Drive (just click Play once there):

Once again I have removed all but one commercial.

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

See you Wednesday night!
                    ಠ_ಠ 

:radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: … Look, Up In the Sky!! … :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio: :radio:

6 Likes

Why I believe this is occurring tomorrow evening.

2 Likes

3 Likes

That oversised “S” is bothering me more than it should :sob:

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s going here but for some reason I like it?

3 Likes

For sure I got to find that costume!

2 Likes

Hello there Superman Fan Club and Friends! :wave: :sunglasses:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make tonight’s Listen-Along. :pensive:

Although… I have already listened to tonight’s feature and wow… :astonished:

No spoilers, but there are a couple of instances where I laughed so much. :rofl:

Thank you as always @Don-El for putting these together. :sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll also look forward to reading through everyone’s reactions as well and be back for the next Listen-Along! :clark_hv_4:

Enjoy, and hang on to the edge of your seats! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

Thanks for going before us and checking it out AJM!

Sorry you can’t make it but for sure life happens!

Who wants to attend in AJM’s place, we have an extra seat now LOL…

2 Likes

Another Wednesday night

And we all got somebody

His name is Superman.

9 pm ET
6 PM PT
8 PM CT
7 PM somewhere in Colorado…

1 Like

Always forgotten but it’s 5PM Alaska Time! And I’ll be rolling in straight from the office, which is literally right next to my bed :superman_fan_club: and I call @amj08g’s seat so I can spread out!

3 Likes

Barrow, Alaska by chance lol?

1 Like

I’m in the capital, Juneau! And we renamed Barrow to Utqiagvik (UUT-kee-AH-vik) along with renaming Mt. McKinley to Denali. Keeping everyone on their toes!

2 Likes

Sitting in front of the radio, can’t wait to see what will happen next!:grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah I just saw that on the web. This will confuse the 30 Days of Night vampires terribly.

2 Likes

That was the goal!

2 Likes

All cued up on YouTube. Oh my, 53 minutes and 30 seconds.

I knew I shouldn’t have included that one commercial …

2 Likes

Have you ever met Sarah Palin? I’ve met her back in 2009 while she was on a book tour, she was so nice. I had to wait 7 hours in line to see her and it was worth it.:slightly_smiling_face:

Ready for the next installment!

2 Likes

Lol I have not but I did meet our last governor and he was super nice too! Alaskans cringe a bit when Palin is mentioned. All the reality TV and SNL stuff made her the only thing people knew about AK for a long time and we are so much more than that. It’s died down a lot in recent years but still a lot of misleading TV!

2 Likes

All right all right all right!

3 Likes