Superman and Action: Bendis ongoing series Superman 21 Open for Discussion

Wanna discuss the ongoing Superman series written by Bendis. With each issue, we give our thoughts, good or bad, and dive into the latest adventures of the greatest hero in comics. Stop in here and give us your thoughts

3 Likes

Just loved Superman 12, the el family together (though I don’t trust creepy grandpa) the scene of Superman, Kara, Krypto, and Jon together is fantastic. You also knew there was no way Zod would side with the destroyer of Krypton. So, is this Jor el? What’s the real story?

2 Likes

As an added bonus, Supergirl 31 ties straight into Superman 12. Some of the same scenes but now from Kara’s perspective. The chemistry between Kara and Jon is nice as she gives him a hard time only the way an older cousin or sister could. I’ve really enjoyed this series since Andreyko took over. He has a good feel for Kara and his given her a purpose that drives the book. Maguire is great a funny, cute facial expressions but in this issue he also shows he can knock the socks off a big battle scene.

1 Like

What issue is it on I have the first 2 but can only afford to follow so many story lines

1 Like

Superman is on 12. Save your money if you need to and follow it here next year. I’m enjoying the ride.

2 Likes

The current Superman run is great, I don’t trust Jor-El at all, dudes up to something. I like the whole Zod, Zaar and Jax-Ur trio but Zod is just using them to get to the bottom of who was really behind Krytons demise. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Zod and Supes teaming up together which is fun. And what about that weird vision Zod had towards the beginning of the unity saga arc, the one where everyone’s United on a New Krypton looking place.

1 Like

Ragdollrebel I’m with you Jor el, if that’s Jor el up to something. And any time Krypto joins the fight is awesome.

2 Likes

Jon’s not so little anymore, but grandpa is still shady and Reis is still knocking it out of the park with his art.

1 Like

I like both but I could understand how some people would rather have a more traditional Superman book to go to so in my opinion he should just do one title and make the other the more traditional Superman book

3 Likes

Yutzy I would have been happy with 2 Superman and 2 Action issues a month with Bendis on one title.

4 Likes

@msgtv oh trust me man I would to I like bendis and I like both books but I think there have been people who don’t like it or even think he doesn’t under stand the character I’m just suggesting something that may make them happy too but all that being said I think bendis is great and I think he has I firm grasp of who this character is and what he represents

2 Likes

Bendis’ Superman has been good, but I’ve really been digging Action. To me, getting Clark Kent harder for writers to get right, but I love his take. The early issues when Lois is out in space and was lost Clark without his family and then their reunion in AC #1004 was a thing of beauty (Clark’s “I need you” gave me chills).

2 Likes

Yutzy we agree. 4 books a month with Bendis on two and ??? on the other

2 Likes

El-Jor I think Bendis is doing a great job on Clark and the family dynamics. I also thought Jurgens nailed it in his Superman: Lois and Clark series.

2 Likes

@mdgtv I never connected with the New 52 version of Superman the way that I did with the post-Crisis one. Seeing the “real” Superman again, first in Convergent then in the miniseries, was so good. And having Jurgens as the guy to bring him and Lois back into the main DC universe was perfect

3 Likes

Even with the black suit and beard he was Superman

4 Likes

Lol sorry msgtv I read you comment wrong

2 Likes

I like Bendis’ Superman run a great deal so far. Action is good, but my favorite of the two is Superman.

1 Like

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

1 Like

With this mini crossover week, wanted to mention the great job Marc Andreyko has don on Supergirl. For me, Supergirl has been very hit or miss since the New 52. The latest take seemed to unsuccessfully model her after the CW tv version. Now, Andreyko has given her purpose, aa dog sidekick and an axe. Add Maguire on art and you’ve got a great book.

https://i0.wp.com/graphicpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/SG_Cv23_enhncd_layered_R1.jpg?w=1720&ssl=1

3 Likes