📺Sunday Matinee Watch-Along📺: Constantine, Sunday, August 4th @ 4p PST/7p EST

:rotating_light:WARNING: Constantine is rated R for harsh language, horror themes, and violence.:rotating_light:

With our Swamp Thing WAL focusing on the Series finale on Friday, August 2nd and Biff_pow’s Saturday Late Night WAL focusing on the Series finale of the Constantine TV show, we didn’t want the fun to end quite yet! So, we’ve added in a :star:special​:star: Sunday Matinee Watch-Along and we’re going to explore even more of the supernatural with the 2005 movie, CONSTANTINE!

For those who have never seen it or those who haven’t seen it in a while, John Constantine is the exorcist who has been to Hell and back, and whose soul is sentenced there too. He has been deporting demons to get on good terms with God, yet God wants self-sacrifice. After the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, detective Angela Dodson goes out in search of the truth. Together, Constantine and Angela battle the demons on Earth.

For those who have joined a Watch-Along before, you know the drill. For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, read on to learn more

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:
Who: You, silly!
What: Constantine (2005)
Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you’ll be watching Constantine on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.
When: Sunday, August 4th at 4p PST/7p EST
Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.
How: Great question- read below!

=========================
:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Constantine, unless you own the movie yourself.
  2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.
  3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.
  4. A WRINKLE IN TIME – If you get lost in the time, you can calculate where the audience is by checking the minute- For example, if it’s 4:15pm PST, then we are 15 minutes into the movie.

:innocent: :smiling_imp:Come join us as we travel through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. :smiling_imp: :innocent:

5 Likes

I must summon the Constanteam

5 Likes

rubs chin in thought

To quote Neo himself: “Yeah, sure. I’ll go.”

cues up Rob Zombie’s Dragula

3 Likes

Well Fine! I’ll be here but not because PPB and the Constanteam are awesome. I was gonna watch this movie at this exact time anyways.

3 Likes

@Aquamon Smooth!

Just like Land O’Lakes Butter. To a quote an episode of Leave it to Beaver: “It’s powerfully good!”

2 Likes

Constantine isn’t even showing up on my feed at all I know it’s on here if you punched in the search but it’s not on like movies

1 Like

Please dc universe more movies from dc vault like I would love to re-watch Jonah Hex

1 Like

Will there be snacks at the matinee?

I’m thinking any of the following would be grand:

-Flaming Hot Cheetos
-hot salsa (see below, and yes the below product is real; I’ve seen it in person, though I lack the temerity to eat it)
-hot wings
-deviled eggs (for those who like them)
-tabasco marinated meats and stuff

Since Constantine is a Keanu Reeves flick, how about some “really good noodles” from that other WB franchise he anchored? You know, the one with Trinity, V, Perry White and says sotto voce the male villain from the Catwoman movie.

What do you think sirs (and ladies)?

1 Like

thats weird did someone just bump up this thread

2 Likes

@Vroom, I love the idea of a themed snack; however, since I’m both good and evil…I’ll chip in some Angel and Devil’s Food Cakes. :angel::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Hey, Amon! I guess you can call it a bump - since this is our next WAL after the one biff_pow is hosting, it pops up on the Trending Discussions section. :smiley:

2 Likes

PPB I don’t pay attention to whats Trending I’m too cool for that. :sunglasses:
For a themed snack I have a bag of paint chips I’ve been saving for a special occasion. (Kids don’t eat paint chips)

3 Likes

@PPB That’s swell. Can I scratch up a coin Two-Face style, then flip it to decide whether I’m eating Angel or Devil’s Food Cake?

Pleeeeease (with real sugar and Nutrasweet on top)?

SN: is Nutrasweet still a thing? I honestly don’t know.

3 Likes

Bumparoonie!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m gonna be busy then. But have fun folks.

3 Likes

Arrrrrrrrrrgh

3 Likes

Three hours and 17 minutes to go! Yo-ho me bucko!

2 Likes

Wooo! :crystal_ball::8ball::tv::thought_balloon:

1 Like

A little over an hour to go before we travel to the world of angels and demons! See y’all soon!

30 minutes to go!!! :angel::smiling_imp: