Suicide Squad Joker Identity

I know that alot of people didn’t necessarily like Jared Leto’s portrayal of Joker in the movie, but for some reason this portrayal strikes alot of interest in me for his origin/true Identity. They show ACE chemicals in the film, but I wonder if this Joker was the nasty crime boss/Jack Nicholson esque guy, a normal average joe turned insane or something along those lines. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I’m mostly okay with Leto’s portrayal, but I think I would’ve really liked it if was done under different direction. Another thing is that coming off of Ledger’s Joker, whoever was cast was gonna have big shoes to fill.

1 Like

Leto was more Joker like than Ledger by far.
I didn’t don’t like the grill and the tats but other than that he pretty much nailed the role.

2 Likes

It’s hard to say that Leto’s Joker was disappointing when so many people dress up as him in cosplay nowadays. He was a different version of the character and I am sure he didn’t want to try and copy the likes of Ledger and Nicolson’s versions, which are classics as well. The one disappointing thing was that we didn’t get more of this character in Suicide Squad.

2 Likes

I liked Letto’s Joker.

That’s what a Rock Star looks like today and seeing that quite a few of the comic readers today are adults, this was an ok attempt at appealing to the younger crowd.

The only thing was that he didn’t have any sort of facial deformity. Be it an obscenely grotesque smile or scars on the cheek…the smile tattoo of his hand just wasn’t enough for me.

1 Like

@dnno1

Don’t get me wrong…I appreciated the Letto Joker, but I’m going to say that more people cosplay as his Joker because its the easiest Joker to cosplay.

3 Likes

Leto was great as Joker.

I would imagine he would have been a crime boss all along, not an average joe in the past, because his look in Suicide Squad, with the tattoos and extravagant clothes, very much fits what a modern crime boss should look like, like a drug cartel leader, for instance.

1 Like

I do not like Jared Letto’s version of the Joker. I think Jared’s acting was very good during the movie and I know he worked very hard to play his role right. However, I do not feel the overall character fits with any of the Jokers throughout comic history. What I love about the Joker’s character is how unqiue and crazy he is. I felt like the character created in suicide squad had nothing in common with the Joker besides his origin and green hair. Jared Letto’s Joker is not the only DC character I feel this way about. I also don’t think Margot Robbie interpretted Harley Quinn the best and the recent Justice League movie captured Flash (and a little of Batman’s character) to the comic version. I think the main character flaws I have with suicide squad’s Harley and Joker is their lack of humor/theatical personality that I’ve grown to love in the comics and other things shows and movies

2 Likes