Strange Adventures 1

!!!IT’S HERE!!!

"Adam Strange is the hero of Rann, a man famous throughout the galaxy for his bravery and honor. After leading his adopted home to victory in a great planetary war, Adam and his wife Alanna retire to Earth, where they are greeted by cheers, awards, and parades. But not all is as happy and nice as it seems, as the decisions Adam made during battles on Rann come back to haunt his family and threaten the entire DC Universe. And now a surprise DC hero will have to choose between saving Adam Strange and saving the world.

A story like no other, Strange Adventures is an ambitious, thrilling, shocking, and beautiful 12-issue saga that will push Adam Strange to the breaking point—and beyond!"

*A lot of us have been looking forward to this book and I, for one, am VERY excited to read this and express my excitement with the rest of you!

Feel free to express your excitement for this book and talk about how much you’re enjoying it, but please don’t begin any spoiler discussions until this Saturday 03/07/2020!*

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

2 Likes

I was just at the comic shop Friday. They didn’t have it yet.
:anguished:

Yeah, it came out Wednesday. I saw it at two different comic shops I visited on Friday. Did your shop have a delay in getting their order?

:cry:
Apparently, my lady who runs the shop heads straight for the Black Label section when I walk in just to make sure I don’t miss any of my Black Label pulls.
Oh well, next Friday.

It was such a great intro, both Gerads and Shaner did some amazing work, and King has set up an intriguing personal mystery and I’m really looking forward to seeing an exploration of what war does to a person – I think this is one of the things that King excels at as a writer, considering his own history.

1 Like

A lot happened in this first issue.
For someone who isn’t familiar with Adam Strange I appreciate how it provided enough information for me to understand the story.

I got two things from it so far:

• History is written by the victors. I bet we’ll see a lot of Pykkt sympathizers and I’m curious if we’ll get a look at their side and their motivation behind their aggression. (I wonder if the whole murder thing was orchestrated by the Pykkts to cause problems on Adam’s home planet…?)

• I’ve had conversations with Vietnam Veterans and they’ve shared a lot about what they went through once they returned home. They were treated VERY poorly and more often than not treated live villains of traitors. I wonder if we’ll see any of that here…?

I really enjoyed it and look forward to continuing the story!