Stories Involving Power Girl

I wanted to reach out and see if people who closely follow Power Girl can reccomend good stories featuring her. I read the JSA titles from the 2000s but am curious if there are other appearances or mini-series that are worth the read. This is part of my effort of trying to get more into the Superman side of comics, starting off with a character I’m already fairly familiar with

6 Likes

She is in the last story arc of the New 52 Suicide Squad and was pretty excellent. She wasn’t a main focus but her role was fun to read.

2 Likes

World’s Finest in the new 52 is definitely a must read for any fan of Helena Wayne and Power girl.

2 Likes

She’s had a miniseries and an ongoing series.

2 Likes

Superman/Batman Public Enemies.:slightly_smiling_face:

This ongoing is essential for Power Girl reading. One of my all-time favorite runs.

3 Likes

Agreed – the Judd Winick run near the end is okay enough, from what I remember, but the Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Grey/Amanda Conner run on Power Girl is essential if you’re curious about the character.

In that sense, she’s also shown up a fair bit in Jimmy and Amanda’s run on Harley Quinn, including having their own mini-series together.

1 Like

Showcase #97-99

JSA: Classified #1-4

3 Likes

2 Likes

I already reccomend it before but seriously…

World’s Finest (2012-2015) is just that freakin awesome :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The New 52 was rough, but Worlds’ Finest was one of the few bright spots. I love this title since it highlighted two of my favorite DC Superheroines, alongside their friendship! Even though it’s not the original Power Girl or Huntress, I thought these two were similar and interesting enough to stick around longer than they did. My favorite issue from this run was when Helena and Karen met Bruce and Clark when Power Girl’s powers were going haywire.

I think now would be a good time to bring this title back with the Helena Wayne from JSA and Power Girl from Earth-Two so we can have a book with a more classic version of the characters.

4 Likes

lol these are amazing :raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes