Still waiting for my Nightwing movie

If we’re to get a Nightwing on the big screen, who would you like to portray the character?

And how would you like the suit? Clothy like Batman in BvS or more armor?

2 Likes

Idk who I would get as an actor, but I think a live action adaptation of Batman: Year Three would be pretty cool. If memory serves, it’s basically the BTAS two-parter “Robin’s Reckoning”, and while I wouldn’t demand it to be a faithful adaptation, the concept would make for a great movie. I will say this about costumes, Nightwing’s should never be bulky and armored. Especially if they choreographed some solid fight sequences that mirror what we see in comics (you know, like the opposite of what we saw in the Titans S2 finale), any armor and stuff would just look out of place.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know.

Maybe in another life. It’s not that I don’t like nightwing, but I don’t think there will be a stand-alone movie in the next ten years.

3 Likes

Yeah… that movie ain’t happening. I really wanted it to, then I actually watched the DCU (and Titans). I’m now happy everything pretty much got cancelled.
We need his first solo animated movie and series before that anyway and at least they’d get that right.

2 Likes

Yeah I know the movie is not happening. Just wondering what nightwing fans would’ve liked to see. Story wise and looks and suit

1 Like

Honestly I would’ve loved a Judas contract but nightwing only

3 Likes

@SladeForPresident Oh… sorry I must’ve miss understood.
No idea who I’d like to see play him. I like who they have playing him on Titans, Brenton Thwaits. Despite the bad writing he feels like Nightwing when you see him in that suit. That’s really all I can ask for. But I would prefer an animated movie before anything and you don’t have to worry about actors.
As for the suit I always loved the lighter blue and symbol from New Batman Adventures, add the finger stripes, and wrist and ankle gauntlets similar from Under the Red Hood movie.
Story wise, I would love to see them adapt vol 1 Blüdhaven or A Knight In Blüdhaven as it was called in its first printing (pretty much the entire Dixon run), Traps & Trapeezes, The Great Leap, and The Untouchable.

1 Like

Dylan O’Brien maybe, but he might be a better Tim Drake.

1 Like

Zac Efron would be a great Dick

I’m a Straight Guy saying this, he’s my cheat day hahahaha

Honestly not sure who would play him, but I think it would be more 90’s Batman body armor, Not straight up metal like now a days, but the more “Plastic” style.

4 Likes

Honestly he looks like he could play either

1 Like

Hell yeah man! Zac effron is my first choice too.
But I kinda would like a non armor suit. All cloth just like Batman in bvs

4 Likes

I suppose yeah, I’m used to Nightwing from Animated Series and such so it’s hard to tell what he’s wearing.

1 Like