Stepping Up To Plate: An Update Moving Forward

Happy Friday, everyone! :zap: Got a bit of exciting news to share!

As many of you know, I’ve been a part of our wonderful community here for almost two full years now (yes, THAT long already!), and let me just say I’ve never felt SO wholly welcomed and/or accepted into any position before. There is a such a genuine warmth and heart to this community that is so entirely special and unique to DCUI alone; it makes simply signing in to the site the literal highlight of my week. As the platform continues to grow and transform, y’all stay making this THE place to be for lovers of all things DC, and I’m so, so proud to be here with everyone.

That’s why I’m absolutely stoked to announce that, effective immediately, I will be taking on the duties and responsibilities of Associate Community Manager alongside Jitsu and the rest of our team!

I can’t even express how honored I am to be stepping into this role. I know I’ve got some figuratively big shoes to fill, but I’m very excited to continue working with all of you as I learn the ropes and get my (D)C legs! (Or maybe just beef 'em up a bit). We’ve got great things ahead of us and I can’t wait to roll my sleeves up and get to work.

As always, let me know if y’all have any questions, comments, concerns, or impulsive urges to engage heavily in a very analytic discussion about Static Shock with me.

Otherwise, have an AMAZING rest of your day! :yellow_heart:

30 Likes

Congratulations.

16 Likes

That’s so cool! Congrats @staticshocks!

15 Likes

I’m so glad to hear this! Congrats @staticshocks! :grin::partying_face:

15 Likes

Congrats! I was worried when I first saw this you might be moving on. Glad you are staying with us!

16 Likes

Congrats on the promotion. Well earned! Now buy us all a round of virtual Soders :grin:.

15 Likes

Thanks so so much everyone!! I’m happy to be able to deliver even the teeeeensiest bit of good news this week. :smile:

Hey. For you? Anything.

proceeds to struggle feeding the vending machine a single dollar for the next fourteen minutes while fighting back tears but assuring everyone it’s ok by saying “S’aaaaaall good man” in a really weird and extremely unconvincing way

16 Likes

Wooooooo!

Very very stoked to be workin’ more closely with ya! :batparrot:

16 Likes

That is so well-deserved! Congratu-freakin’-lations @staticshocks!!!

14 Likes

That’s wonderful. Not to get too nostalgic but I remember one time you as moderator totally rejected my Martian Manhunter script topic. :smile:

It’s all good though. :+1:

13 Likes

Congrats!!

14 Likes

Congratulations!

13 Likes

Congratulations @staticshocks! Well deserved. Great to get a promotion from a company you love working for.

13 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:. Congrats :tada:

13 Likes

Feels bad for the poor soul struggling with the infernal machine. Takes everyone over to the Ace O’ Clubs, where Bibbo treats everyone to a round of Soder on the house to celebrate :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Congratulations!!! Couldn’t be happening to a better person!

12 Likes

Congrats!

13 Likes

Associate Coxms1xms1unity xms1anager
Much reward and success to you @staticshocks :dove:

12 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t see this til now, Congratulation @staticshocks! Hope you enjoy your new job position, guess I’ll be bugging you alot! Just kidding, Congratulation again. :grinning:

12 Likes

Congratulations! This is so cool. :+1:t3:

12 Likes