Starting the Trek Through the 16 DCAMU Collection

I am running through the 16 volume DCAMU collection, and I wanted to issue an open invitation to anyone who wished to express comments as I go along. I missed a lot of these films when they released, and so I’m playing catch-up through my new HBO Max subscription. I would like to see the new Justice Society film come to HBO Max on May 11, but I haven’t heard one way or the other if it will or not. In the meantime, I’m hitting up the DCAMU.

The film Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox from 2013 struck me with some memorable moments. I saw Wonder Woman do stuff in this one I didn’t know she could or would ever do. While I won’t spoil here, I do want to say that I raised an eyebrow more than once as the film went along. My comment on the storytelling is that while Flash’s story is a bit of a mystery to me (as of right now), I find myself intrigued by his willingness to battle so much to make things right. Granted, he is a superhero, but when I think of him now, I have this very moving story to think about that I didn’t have before.

My overall impression is that the film caught me by surprise, and I really enjoyed all of the animation and voicework. I thought it was a great start to the 16 volume collection.

I have a feeling that I will enjoy my trek through and I hope to share more comments in the future here in the community.

2 Likes

I think you’re gonna like what you see. There’s a lot of interesting movies coming your way. I really liked Jerry O’Connell’s Superman and Rosario Dawson’s Wonder Woman as they took over the roles starting with Throne of Atlantis.

Hey, @superby1 , thanks for commenting. Yeah, I saw Rosario Dawson in the credits for Wonder Woman and I thought, “Hey, I remember Rosario from some other stuff I’ve seen, too, that I remembered liking.” I think you’re right, that I will like what I see.

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve ventured more and more into DC Animation and HBO Max gives me a rare opportunity to see all the films I’ve missed out on and also the new stuff coming out at some point.

1 Like