STARGIRL Will Shine on DC Universe in Spring 2020

I don’t believe this “Courtney will be in Crisis” thing, because it’s the kind of info that would’ve been included in the Deadline article if there were validity to it.

@DigificWriter Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t the community section available to use for free as long as you have created a user account? I could swear I posted/commented/upvoted stuff here when my subscription was expired a couple months ago. Figured I’d watch Stargirl on CW for free then use the community section here the day after, that’s my plan since I personally don’t use the comics library.

2 Likes

Has there ever been good news for DCU lol? Swamp Thing, Stargirl, Animated pushed back, Spotlights taken out, animated movies rotated like crazy. DCU shows being shared, HBO Max take over looming.

4 Likes

I’m aware of DC Daily being free along with the other free things you mentioned, but they do still add value to what one pays for with this service.

@TheHelloThereDude DC Spotlight: Shazam is still available on the service.

Whatever the reasons for the Aquaman removal, it can still be counted amongst Spotlight content that was on the service.

2 Likes

Several reasons for you and whoever else is like you but I dont use the comics on here ever. Dont care about the fan community at all. This is like the 2nd or 3rd thing I ever commented on. Dont care about first run content when I can get it for free a day later. Im literally losing nothing.

2 Likes

DC Daily has some sort of headline thing on YouTube, but not the full episodes.

The thing that bothers me the most about this is how it’s going to affect the tone of the show. Not that Stargirl needs to be a hard R like the other DCU originals, but there are gonna be restrictions on it so that it’ll be able to air on the CW, which I definitely don’t like. Still, hopefully this will lead to DCU getting more attention, and having the CW involved will help w/ costs, which should be good from a business perspective. Plus there’s still plenty of talent behind the show, which is always important

I really wasn’t expecting this since Legends already established an Arrowverse Stargirl, but I guess w/ that version of the character starting in the '40s and now in Camelot, we could use a modern-day Courtney to take over the mantle

4 Likes

I don’t understand that train of thought, honestly. I don’t see how free content is value toward paying for the free content.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure people with an account (not paid membership) can watch DC Daily for free on here.

If you signed up for this service strictly to use it as - or expecting it to be - a streaming service, the fault lies with you, not the platform itself.

10 Likes

You have to look at it from an overall perspective. The content that you pay for, plus whatever else may be free (which is used as a means to hook new subscribers) all combines into what one gets out of the service.

Personally, I don’t think the Community should be free to non-subscribers, but that’s me.

6 Likes

@NanoDeVice Yes, the message boards are accessible without a full subscription, but the fan community aspect of the platform is more than just the message boards, as there are things that are only available to fully subscribed members of the DCU community.

2 Likes

I hate to be a Negative Nancy, but darn it, it needs to be said: how does this service plan to function going forward? Like seriously, the only perk subscribers get with Stargirl is they can see it a day early? Everyone else can just wait one day to see it on the CW, or one extra day to watch it on the CW’s app for free. You don’t even need cable or satellite to see those shows on the app. And I REALLY don’t think Stargirl is going to end up wowing anyone into getting a DC Universe subscription (it is a Greg Berlanti show after all).

7 Likes

I think it’s best to look at DCU as a comic reader like Marvel unlimited or Comixology, but just with a few extra perks and a community board.

8 Likes

That;s a bogus argument. Go watch the DCU trailer. It is 99% about TV and movies and exclusive shows. There is literally like a 10-15 second blip about comics and community. The rest is entirely selling you on tv and movies with non stop clips of tv and movies. https://youtu.be/rSm8wq0YIuc

7 Likes

DC Daily show is so bad, just a bunch of talking no DC News, there is news everyday. No long interviews.

1 Like

Seriously tho I see DCU folding, and becoming a comicbook service. HBO Max is the real service.

4 Likes

It’s not a bogus argument; it’s the truth.

DC Universe is not and was never going to be a simple streaming service.

5 Likes

@DigificWriter Oh okay. I can definitely see the argument from you and others posted about how’s there’s lot of value on the site other than just the DC streaming shows. Not sure how many are like me who mainly use it for the exclusive shows. If Stargirl episodes aired here like a week before CW that would provide me with a bit more incentive to re-up my subscription by that point but yeah. At least the show will have more eyes on it airing on t.v. as well.

2 Likes

My dream is HBO Max having all the shows, and it will come with free DCU COMICBOOK SERVICE and BOARD (AKA DCU without shows)

5 Likes