Stargirl Season 3 Discussion Thread

Cameron better not become a villain!!!

5 Likes

I really enjoyed tonight’s episode.

Sylvester’s fight with the Crocks was epic, even if I disagreed with Sylvester for going after them. I think Cindy is sincere about being part of the JSA, even if she is going about it the wrong way. I am still not certain about the Crocks, at least not Larry. I am curious as to who is watching every one! I figure that is probably who killed The Gambler.

5 Likes

Paula to Barbara every episode

Office

7 Likes

Actually now I really think we can trust Crusher and Paula, I mean he admitted he went to see the Gambler but left right away.

5 Likes

I have no idea why the Staff ever chose Pemberton, it must’ve been a massive, massive mistake because he is no hero!!! I hope what the Crocks told Courtney, Pat and Barbara about being blackmailed was the thing they were hiding!

5 Likes

Anytime I’m about to watch Stargirl, it begins with this!

Is it just me or the CW intro music is almost as haunting as it sound? :fearful:
Anyway I really enjoy the tonight episode of Stargirl, it was really great! Love any scene with Sportsmaster & Tigress!:smiley:

5 Likes

We know Cosmo loves Pemberton.

5 Likes

He shouldn’t.

5 Likes

I sometimes wonder if Sylvester wasn’t a good person in the past. Perhaps the deaths of the original JSA made him bitter and brought out a darkness that was always there, but he had kept in check earlier? At any rate, he needs to get a handle on himself.

Assuming the Crocks killed The Gambler and then destroying a supermarket to try to capture them just isn’t good.

4 Likes

The Spectre theory starts to seem more plausable

5 Likes

I disagree. Sylvester is simply dealing with the trauma of seeing his friends killed. When not thinking of them he is a chummy guy.

5 Likes

I think you’re right. Having lost someone I loved to violence, I hate to think what I would have done if I had a cosmic staff.

5 Likes

After watching the first three episodes i have a few thoughts. Who owns the American Dream? If Tim is Barbaras’ manager who is his boss? Cameron’s Grandparents? Someone else?
Maybe it was just seeing Blue Valley from Sylvesters point of view at the beginning of episode three but I got the feeling something is off there. The town just seems too good to be true.
Did “they” write the headline that the Gambler was killed by a freak tornado? I remember at the end of season one Pat said “they always find a reason” and then the report came out the next day of the earthquake.
Does Cindy still have a little piece of Eclipso in her? Is that why she set Starman after the Crocks?
Does DC have their own version of the Frost Giants of Norse myth? Is that who attacked Sylvester at the end? Does that mean Cameron’s Grandparents killed the Gambler?
Finally, i notice Tim is listed in the credits as Tim T Tattle. I couldn’t find a character listing for him after a very brief search. Just wondering if he is an original or if he has a DC counterpart.

7 Likes

Viewership went up

6 Likes

Is it just me, or does law enforcement in Blue Valley appear to be getting smaller every day. Except when it’s obviously necessary to move the story along. 'Cause it sure was M.I.A. in last night’s episode. You know, the one where Sylvester does thousands of $$$ worth of damage to a supermarket, while “engaged” with a couple of “reformed” baddies, he only “thinks” committed murder? Kudos of course, going to the actors and their stunt doubles for another amazing action sequence! But, I digress.

The kind of thing that at least a 1/2 dozen people there would’ve captured on their smart phones and posted on the Web. The kind of thing where even a small town police force would’ve arrested all 3 combatants involved . Especially the one carrying an unknown, and dangerous weapon, with no visible means of support. Sylvester’s just lucky that vagrancy isn’t an enforceable law in most of the country, anymore. Or they could charge him with that too, along with (one assumes) assault and battery, if not attempted murder! He did provoke and attack two unarmed citizens in the shopping isles of said market, after all.

Otherwise, I’m really liking this murder mystery element of the story. Have no idea who the real behind the scenes baddie is. Cindy continues to play her anti-hero role, quite well. And of course, she does have the Gambler’s missing laptop. Veeeery interesting!

7 Likes

I do not think they even have a law enforcement. They never noticed all the dead coaches after all.

There are plenty of innocent reasons Shiv might have the laptop like wanting to keep it in their hands instead of some snoopers.

7 Likes

I agree. The laptop in her possession is (I believe) simply a red herring to lead us astray. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m not sure how big Blue Valley is, but if it is like some small towns around here, they may only have one cop, if any!

5 Likes

That would make Blue Valley, small indeed. Anybody out there got access to any Chamber of Commerce stats on this little town, that sees so much action?

5 Likes

After rewatching It I do not think Crusher was serious about finding The Purge to be a comedy. Sylvester was starting to say something witty about a topic he just admitted to not understanding. By giving an unexpected answer Crusher threw off his speech. He than gave his own joke (go back to your basement and polish your staff) winning this battle of wits.

5 Likes