Stargirl - S1E1! Midnight Premier!

Stargirl has premiered on DCU at midnight! This was a nice surprise as I was browsing for something to watch.

The first moments of this show have me excited for the rest of this season.

I will be back with my thoughts on the first episode!

8 Likes

Those sneaky buggers! Only 9:30 pm here!

6 Likes

I hope they release more of the episodes at 12:00 am EST / 9:00 pm, Pacific. However not just Stargirl but also the rest of their original content like Titans, Doom Patrol, ext.

7 Likes

Solid first episode that definitely makes me want to watch more. I liked the quick backstory on Starman, loved the Joel McHale cameo, and the discovery of Stargirl, Stripey and the villains of Blue Valley are all nicely in place.

Strong cast and well made. Good work by Geoff Johns and the crew - can’t wait until next Sunday night!

8 Likes

Same, I thought it was gonna air in the in the morning like the other shows usually are. Decided to stay up late to watch the premiere, not sure I’d do the same for each episode tho since I don’t wanna be too tired when watching the show :3

6 Likes

Wasn’t expecting the nice surprise of an new show premiering tonight (11 pm central). Saw it and found it entertaining. Is this the regular time slot for the rest of the season?

3 Likes

Why does Stargirl already have a more cohesive storyline than TItans lol?

9 Likes

So far I think the show is pretty good. The only complaint I have is the first 10 mins of the episode seem rushed. It introduced all the characters and then killed them without any breathing room to grasp what’s actually going on screen. But I do think overall it is a good first episode and I will keep watching.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it! I’m excited to learn more about the JSA and see where they take the show!

4 Likes

Solid premiere. I don’t usually pay attention to directing but several shots in the episode felt like a movie which is always a nice touch. That on top of the effects really gave the show a ‘higher budget feel’ then the usual superhero shows would have.

6 Likes

If I had to compare this show to anything that has come before it, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my first thought. A teenage girl in a high school setting is kind of perfect.

When I saw Joel McHale I was excited to say the least. Then as the show progressed, I was all in on the story. I am left wanting more, which is a great thing. I think I might fit in a JSA book or 2 tomorrow.

5 Likes

Great premiere! Sooooo many Easter eggs my heads going to explode!

6 Likes

That is what will make watch this episode again during the week when I am not as tired.

3 Likes

It really did have sort of a high budget, movie type feel. Overall a great debut for a different kind of character in DC’s arsenal. I’m diggin it. Can’t wait to see how it shapes up in the next few weeks!

9 Likes

Hopefully they can do some flashbacks I’d love to see what the original JSA was all about

6 Likes

Me too definitely.

5 Likes

Overall enjoyed Courtney learning about the lore of the JSA, some of the family drama was better then I initially expected it to be. Good acting from the mom and daughter during some of those scenes. My only complaint was the highschool stuff. It felt very over the top. I assume it’ll chill out once she spends more time with her new friends. The opening and ending scenes were some top notch stuff tho.

9 Likes

I have to say I enjoy every bit of it, I think my favorite character Beside Courtney is The Cosmic Staff. I can’t wait to watch episode 2 next week. This show was worth the wait!:grinning::star2:

6 Likes

Season 2! Man DC must have high hopes for this show! Lol.

4 Likes

I loved the 1st Episode. It got the Lore right. It felt like a mini movie. Keep them coming.

6 Likes