🚨SPOILER ALERT! Shazam! Discussion Thread

Personally, I enjoyed it more than wonder woman.

2 Likes

I think the entire cast gave stellar performances!

4 Likes

I noticed Mr. Mind the first time I saw Shazam and squealed with a teensy bit of joy on the inside.

After Sivana leaves the Rock of Eternity, we see Mind’s cage (of a sort) broken and I thought “sequel”.

One of my favorite lines was “Nice outfit dips****.” It’s adds absolutely nothing to anything, but I chuckled at it all the same :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had a feeling the rest of Billy’s family would get their superheroic moments in the sun due to photos of their action figures appearing online a good month or so before the early public screenings of Shazam started.

As has been the case in the past, just because we get toys of something that doesn’t always mean it’s something that appears in the movie/whatever the toy line is based on. I’m very glad that wasn’t the case with the Shazam movie toys and that everyone was in fact in the movie as they appear in plastic.

2 Likes

I loved it so so much. What I love about the DCEU is how different all the movies are, they all feel so unique. This was definitely DC’s funny family movie and a thought it was so well done. Zachary Levi was fantastic and you could tell he really connected with this role. It stayed true to the comics, I think they took inspiration from the new 52 Shazam and it worked perfectly. Hilarious, heartwarming, and just thoroughly enjoyable. I saw it 2 weeks ago with the fandango early access but I will be seeing it again this coming Monday!

5 Likes

First time since Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man where you felt the pure joy of someone becoming a superhero. There’s a lot of heart to this movie. All the child actors nail their performances. Also, I read before hand that Cavil would not appear in this film…but man they almost had me.

2 Likes

I thought it was a great movie! Lots of comedy and watching Billy strive to become the Shazam we all know and love was awesome. Keep it up DC. :+1:

1 Like

My third fave DCEU film next to BvS and MoS.

2 Likes

Just saw it! It was amazing and unique 10/10

3 Likes

It was great! I was super stoked to see the Shazam family, as soon as I saw all Sins in action I knew the Shazam family had to come into play as well. It did fall under comedy more than action which is not a bad thing, I did hope for some more punching and kicking but I was happy with what I got. The performances were great all around.

1 Like

It was great! I was super stoked to see the Shazam family, as soon as I saw all Sins in action I knew the Shazam family had to come into play as well. It did fall under comedy more than action which is not a bad thing, I did hope for some more punching and kicking but I was happy with what I got. The performances were great all around.

2 Likes

Saw it when they did the advanced screening a couple weeks ago. Easily my favorite DCEU film.

2 Likes

Really good movie. My favorite scene was probably the board meeting scene with Dr. Sivana unleashing the 7 deadly sins! Good character development, good message, and really enjoyable action and humor. Only thing that bothered me was the Superman copout at the end.

3 Likes

It’s good!

1 Like

I’ve seen Shazam! THREE TIMES

3 Likes

So good!!!

saw it last night!! Oh Man!!!Yes they reference Black Adam! Mr.Mind!!! GreAt StufF

2 Likes

This movie had so much that they could have gotten wrong but they stayed true to the heart of the character! I’m seeing it again tomorrow

1 Like

I’ve just seen it. Absolutely loved it! Zach Levi was perfect! In fact…the whole cast were! A lot of fun!

Definitely a movie you don’t want to miss. Its is awesome the actor are great, and the finale with the whole family becoming the Shazam famoly was the biggest suprise of them all. So many funny scenes throughout the whole movie.

1 Like