Speed Force

So if you Google the quintessence from dc…and read through some of the things they are responsible for… That it says something along the lines of Hermes essence leaked into the sphere of the gods and became the speed force now that directly contradicts DC claiming that Barry Allen created the speed force so which is it?

depends on when it was written. If it was written at any time before Geoff Johns brought Barry back, then it has been completely replaced, and Barry Allen is responsible for powering all speedsters throughout time both before and after him because he’s the only Flash that matters so there!
If however, it’s a more recent addition . It might be that DC is backing off on the BARRY IS GOD! stance they’ve been pushing since 2009.

1 Like

Most of the time, it is whatever the person in charge says it is. Frankly, making Barry the source of the Speed Force seemed silly to me. Personally, I see the Speed Force as an adjacent layer of reality rather than a source of superspeed, which the Flash (and related characters) can access. In my personal model, the Flash’s power isn’t superspeed; that’s just the most obvious side effect of his actual superpower: the ability to shift himself into the Speed Force. This shifts him into a state of being that allows him to perform additional impossible feats, like using quantum tunneling to pass through solid objects, since “vibrating your molecules to pass through solid matter” is nonsensical.

1 Like