đź“şSpecial Event Watch-Along đź“şDeath of Superman! Wed, Jan 23rd @5pm PST/8pm EST

Posting again to correct a time typo- Thanks to R&S3 for pointing it out!

It’s time to get hyped for Reign of the Supermen, releasing on DC Universe January 29th!

To prepare our minds, bodies, and souls, we’ll be joining together to watch the film that came before Reign of the Supermen:

The Death of Superman animated movie, the story that set the stage for all the thrills and chills to come!

For those who haven’t joined a Watch-Along before, this will be a very special event to make your first. The story of the death and return of Superman is a canonical tale that has affected readers for decades. Share this moment with fellow fans to talk about your own memories of the event, or make new ones by experiencing the adventure for the first time!

If you are a first-timer, do make sure to read all below instructions to better prepare yourself for the process.

:white_check_mark:HOW IT WORKS​:white_check_mark:

Who: You and your DC Universe subscription!

What: Death of Superman, cued up on your device of choice.

Where: On DC Universe! We recommend two screens to join the Watch-Along- your phone for com menting, and your television or computer for viewing.

When: Wednesday, January 23rd, @5pm PST/8pm EST.

Why: Because the community that geeks out together, stays together.

How: If this is your first time, please read the below to prepare yourself for how this will work. We recommend arriving a few minutes early just to make sure you have everything set up correctly.

:point_down:RULES OF THE ROAD​:point_down:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to access Death of Superman.

2. DUAL-WIELDING – Watch-Alongs are best experienced on two devices; Your phone for comments, and your big screen for viewing.

3. 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll all be pressing our sideways triangles simultaneously, at the strike of the hour.

3a) A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time.

1. CRISP, REFRESHING CHROME EXTENSIONS – If you’re having trouble keeping up with the comments (understandably), there are Chrome extensions out there that automatically refresh the page as often as you program it to. Worth a shot!

We are so excited to have you all share memories, thoughts, reactions, fears and tears with your community!

12 Likes

Can’t wait :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I can’t wait to watch this and next week The Reign of Superman! :smiley:

2 Likes

I love this movie

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve been able to join a feature length WAL :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be there with bells on and fresh new comics by my side =)

3 Likes

Let’s do this ish

2 Likes

I’m am so in!!!:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

:dancer:t2::dancer:t2::dancer:t2:

2 Likes

Hey Applejack on Thursday night I’m doing Batman Beyond: return of the Joker Watch along. You’re welcome to join! :smiley:

1 Like

This is looking to be a sparsely attended gig ATM. Oh well, more pizza for the attendees then :wink:

2 Likes

Missed it in theaters last week cause of range flu. This is gonna be great!!

1 Like

I’ll be there

1 Like

I’m so excited for this one! I’ve never seen the film, only read the issues. I hope it gives me the same chills :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took my 11-year-old son to see both in the theaters. It was a great showing and a fun time

2 Likes

@cmoore3984, that’s one of my favorite things to hear; parents sharing the classics with their kids. Those are forever-memories!

1 Like

I haven’t seen this yet and am looking forward to viewing it with the DCU community!

1 Like

Yay! It’s been a while, @JLWWSM!

1 Like

I’m suprised that Applejack never saw this movie. Sadly I didn’t see the movie at a theater, they tore it down long before I could see it there! And the other movie theater didn’t show it.:cry:

1 Like

@Applejack, you’ve never seen this? I am genuinely surprised.