Special Event: Superman: The Movie Watch-A-Long! Wed, 12.12.18, 5pm PST/8pm EST

In honor of the 40th anniversary of Superman The Movie, we’ll be having a community Watch-A-Long with members of the DC Universe! This will be held Wednesday, December 12th, at 5pm PST/8pm EST. Come join us as we remember the wonderful ways in which Richard Donner’s Superman, starring Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder and Marlon Brando changed the course of superhero films forever.

Requirements and Recommendations for Participation:

1. CAN’T WIN IF YOU DON’T PLAY – You must have a subscription to DC Universe to watch Superman: The Movie.

2. 3, 2, 1 LET’S JAM – Have your clicking finger on the “play” button and ready for action- we’ll be starting at the strike of the hour.

2a. A WRINKLE IN TIME – It is to be expected that some of us will be a bit behind or a bit ahead in the movie, depending on how quick on the draw each of us are. Forgive some discrepancy of reaction time, and don’t be afraid to ask if you’re running behind!

We’d love to see you there and hear your memories and reactions!

207 Likes

I am so there!

3 Likes

Hell yeah

2 Likes

Super awesome!

3 Likes

Can we get similar Watch-A-Longs for The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman, Man of Steel and/or Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)?

:hugs:

That would be so awesome and what I personally would more keen with which to participate.

2 Likes

No custom orders

3 Likes

Darn, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it :sweat:

1 Like

This sounds like a fun idea. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Hope I can make it.

1 Like

Thankyou Applejack! Can’t wait to watch it with you guys! :grin::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

LOL @TX85, I don’t mind custom orders! It’s good to know “what the people want”. bobhusimem, we were thinking about Batman Returns soon since it’s a holiday movie, but I could definitely see Wonder Woman closer to the sequel release, and I’m ALWAYS down to watch Dark Knight! Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice could be great for the Superman and Batman holidays throughout the year. Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Yazov, noooo! :sob::sob::sob:

@Beagle and @scarie1010.15620, really hope to see you there! Looking forward to hanging with you again @Reaganfan78 :movie_camera::movie_camera::movie_camera:

1 Like

Glad it’s only 2 days away

4 Likes

I won’t be able to make it. I have lots of work to go through. Sorry.

I will be there, but I have to leave a little early. I’m looking forward to it!

1 Like

And if you accidentally miss the watch-along, just fly around the earth a bunch and you’ll be right on time.

6 Likes

I got you @applejack

@applejack I see what was just added I love DC universe just wish there was a new release section for movies and comics

2 Likes

I am hoping my schedule will allow me to be there. If only for the opening credits and John Williams’s music.

2 Likes