SPECIAL EDITION OFFICE HOURS: Live Q&A with DC Universe Product Manager, Aric! Wednesday, April 15th at 12pm PT/3pm ET!

Thankyou, I’ll have to read that.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately some improvements require us to force users to update the app. As always, we recommend you always update to our newest version.

1 Like

Wow, an interesting transition! I wanted to be a musician in the past and then even thought about sound engineering. My friend did have a cousin who was an A&R at Bad Boy Records though. He even appeared in a random episode of Making the Band before lol.

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

You probably can’t speak to this, but I’m still fascinated by the comics digitization team and how they go about selecting what to digitize. Like, I want every single page of DC and all of its imprints to be preserved for future generations, but I’m baffled (in a good way!) as to how the selection of issues is done! I would love some kind of deep dive into that whole process.

4 Likes

Sorry if I missed it, I haven’t been active on forums since the early aughts… oh NJ Scene Messageboard, how i don’t miss you.

That being said, I’m having a lil trouble understanding what you’re running into. Can you clarify with some steps I can follow to see the issue myself?

3 Likes

“Slaps” and “Hella” …are you from the Bay Area?!

2 Likes

Could the updates be smaller?
My phone doesn’t have much space.
4:28pm

2 Likes

Oh, Aric! I don’t think we’re allowed to have a Q&A without this question, so I’ll be “that guy:”

Hey, how 'bout a PlayStation 4 app?

3 Likes

Interesting question, and you’re right, I have no idea!

2 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

When building an app there’s always a fine balance we try to hit with regard to space and impact of the update. We try our best and are always working on optimizing the builds.

2 Likes

LOL, nah I did most of my growing on the East Coast. Don’t you love the globalization of language brought to you by Internet™?

2 Likes

Yes, there’s a ton coming to enhance the overall control you have when building out your own personal library as well as the control you have within a personal list. We’re taking cues from other playlisting features and think you’ll be happy with the results.

On the subject of ‘what’s coming soon’, I can’t speak with much specificity but to give you a taste, there is a TON of comic book usability features coming down the pike.

6 Likes

Thankyou, Let’s say I wanted to browse through a comic book, I see Green Lantern comic book, after looking at his comic book, I want to see Superman, when back out it takes me back to the homepage instead of 1000 of comic to browse through.
A few days ago I found this alot worst searching for Tom King’s work, when looking at one comic he work on, I wanted to see his other comics he work on, when I back out it takes me to comic books homepage instead of the comic he work on. And I have to do the search all over again using the filter everytime I want to look at his comic book he work on.

On a positive side, will you be adding more comic artist in search like Mike Parobeck and Rick Burchett who work on Batman Adventures? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah yes, with regard to dumping you back to the homescreen, we’ve got some tweaks in the mix that should make this experience a bit cleaner. Out of curiosity, what platform are you on?

I can def look into adding Mike and Rick to the ‘Comic Browse’ experience. Until then, you can search by their names in the search field.

3 Likes

Thank you - I’m having this problem on both Kindle Fire and PC.

3 Likes

Thankyou so much for your time and help Aric. Hope you have a great day.:slightly_smiling_face:
I’m using Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet.

2 Likes

If you’re still around, I am curious if there will be a “home” button added to most pages in the Kindle Fire app. so that you can more easily navigate, instead of trying to “back” your way through a huge pile of comics you just read.

1 Like

I’m gonna hop offline for now, I hope I was able to give you some insight into what we do and how we do it. As always, thank you for being engaged and THANK YOU for using DC Universe!!! Stay safe, everyone!

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you so much for taking the time to dive deep on this with us, Aric!! Hopefully we can talk you into coming back again sometime in the future :heart:

5 Likes