Sooo much Batman

Hey Batman is great, don’t get me wrong, one of THE greatest. Just seems everywhere I turn there’s Batman, being shoved in my face…Give the bat stories a bit of a break and give someone else a chance to shine.

6 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

The comic books available on here reflect that too. Don’t get me wrong, I love Batman and his allies. But Superman, for example, has far less comic book availability on here.

1 Like

Well right now Batman is the hot ticket and has been. An overwhelming amount of people are huge fans. My ultimate favorite forever has been Batman. I enjoy Titans and Red Hood, etc but all are tearaway from Batman too. :woman_shrugging:

Soo much Batman, and still not enough for me.

DC gives other characters chances. Literally all of the time. Making money off “soo much Batman” also grants them the security to take risks with other characters.

5 Likes

It’s in part because this service premiered the month of Batman Day. But I agree while yeah, it’s Batman I would like more focus. Although as far as the movies, not entirely the services fault. The vast majority of the animated movies are Batman movies, and a good number of the live action movies are. Yeah a lot aren’t but given I actually looked it up and as far as I could tell damn near every movie not on DCU is streamed somewhere else where I assume it has exclusive streaming rights, and well… it kind of just seems to have worked out that way. To be fair they currently have 4 live action Batman movies, but also have 4 live action Superman movies, plus the Wonder Woman movie from the 70’s and in the specials a Spirit film/pilot. So over half of the live action movies are someone other than Batman. Considering there are currently about 9 live action batman movies in existance and no one but Superman comes close to that number and it is about as much variety as they probably were able to get. I am guessing in time more of the older non-Batman movies will come on here, at least I hope.

1 Like

Why not both? Which they are

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are DC bread and butter. In order to have this and get some lesser knowns you have to have the big dogs. :woman_shrugging: a larger number of people wouldn’t subscribe if it wasn’t a lot of Batman

1 Like

I think it also has a lot to do with people who are just getting to know DC on the site. I’ve read a ton of threads with people saying new to DC or even comics. I would love the lesser knowns, but it’s b/c I know the mains & the lesser knowns. Not everyone on here does. For me it’s like when they play a song on the radio repeatedly & then u get the album & that song becomes your least favorite cuz they saturated u with it.

1 Like

I could never get over saturated on Batman or Superman

2 Likes

I couldn’t get enough either I’m just saying that might be why they’ve put so much of them on here. To start people that are new to DC or comics with the foundation of the trinity. But I agree with u 100% TX85.

2 Likes

Me three pals. Me three.

1 Like

This service needs a lot more Wonder Woman. I also wish they’d have more Barbara Gordon as Batgirl on here.

2 Likes

I agree. But as long as DC/Warners are mad money off The Bat, then nothings going to change.

1 Like