Something to Think About When Worrying About the Future of DC Universe

That’s some good advice.

1 Like

News sites: DC Universe is going to shut down

Me:

2 Likes

Well, they warned us this would happen. I hope this community will survive it.

1 Like

I just wanna know what’s happening to YJ that literally all I care about.

1 Like

Is this app in trouble?

1 Like

By and large, no. Jim Lee himself said in a recent interview that the folks at the higher levels want to keep the app alive, and that there are no plans to get rid of it. However, the service may have to undergo some changes in order to keep it going.

Here’s the article about it, along with a couple other tidbits pertaining to the future of DC Comics:

2 Likes

Yeah read that

1 Like

Did anyone hear about everything live action dcu originals like krypton leaving for hbo max? Im just trying to wrap my head around this situation. Trying to stay possitive as well and holding some hope it may not be true.

2 Likes

Nobody knows what the future holds, but here is something I can tell you. I’m live-action and I’ll be staying here.

4 Likes

This seems more like a question than a discussion but I do think other members would like to discuss this. I watched all of DCFandome and I found it disconcerting that this great platform was not brought up. With the great shows for here getting put on HBOMAX does this mean the end of DC UNIVERSE? I have became so accustomed to getting to read comicbooks that I would never be able to find, let alone afford them all, on here. I will heartbroken if I lose my favorite past time. If the shows all get moved would the company think about keeping this monthly membership with all the comics?
This is all just food for thought. I am hoping with enough people talking about it the app will be shown to have a great and loyal fan base that can keep this all alive.

3 Likes

I hope so. Even if all the video media gets taken off, and we’re left with digital comics, I would still be content. Also, awesome community of fans here.

I just have a feeling that they will keep DC Universe for its incredible archive of comics. I honestly think the comics are worth the price of membership alone, and the app does have a loyal following!

1 Like

Nothing says the other shows/movies will be leaving

It has been asked in Office Hours, and Applejack has seemed to imply it is unlikely video content will survive, although didn’t say it was out of the question. My guess (just my guess) is they are still deciding but leaning towards taking all the video content off. Which would be as hame, people have the idea the video library as a whole will just move all of it to HBO MAX, but I do not think a lot of stuff on it will be on HBO MAX. I mean the Aquaman Pilot, Superboy, the 70’s Batman Cartoon, Legends of the Superheroes, none of that sounds like stuff that HBO MAX will be putting on. If you don’t have it and assume they just want to dump anything and everything from the Warner library on there to have as close of a complete catalog as possible then yeah they would. If you look at the actual service that is not close to what they are doing (Harry Potter is rotating out after this month… Harry Potter!). So a lot of this classic content will not be easy to find if at all.

Granted, most of the stuff I am thinking of the average sub may not care about anyway. But I think a lot have this fantasy of a complete arvhive of everything DC and think since DCU turned out not to be that Max will give them their dream. And I think once more they are in for another big dissapointment.

3 Likes

I would prefer that we keep everything pre-Smallville, at the very least.

2 Likes

Why does almost everyone seem to deal in speculation?

I would prefer they just let us keep everything…but they didn’t even ask my opinion!

Rude, really.

4 Likes

I don’t think AT&T gives a d@rn

3 Likes

There’s no way Superboy,live action Shazam,filmation Batman,or any of the other curiosities end up on HBO MAX

3 Likes

I agree

One of the best things about DC Universe was that the classic TV shows never rotated out.

HBO Max is only interested in
New Movies or TV shows
Classics

But Classic like Gone with Wind or Wizard of Oz

It is NOT a comprehensive site
Like Disney ÷
Where you can find things like
The original Mouseketers show of the 1960s

HBO Max doesn’t have
Old TV show
Like Maverick or 77 Sunset Strip
Just new stuff.